Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Newbie - Flying SQ21!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: skymiles,
SQ Newbie - Flying SQ21!

Planning for a trip report, but had to share my unabashed excitement. Cashed in a whole lot of Membership Rewards miles for this trip and we are headed to Cambodia for 8 days with 2 nights in Singapore on our way home!

It's a 15th anniversary trip to for us and I'm thrilled to be returning to Asia after 11 years.

Having never flown SQ I've done lots of reading and am looking forward to the trip. Did not book the cook on the EWR - SIN portion but booked the lobster on the way back.

Any suggestions, not to miss things? Is the lounge in EWR worth visiting? Will I be frowned upon for changing my travel clothes to some lounge pants to sleep in on the flight? And is there a shower I can use upon arrival at a SIN lounge? I'm connecting to a Silk Air flight to Phnom Penh so I don't know if I can use a SQ lounge.

Thank you for any suggestion. I admit I'm a bit of a neophyte here but why not, this is a trip of a lifetime for me and my husband.

Tsukiji
Old Mar 7, 2011, 12:19 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Centurion. Amanjunkie. AA & DL Platinum
Welcome!

I am going to Bali next month and cashed in a ton of Amex miles for 2 F tickets out of JFK.

I took your flight last july from EWR-SIN-SOL. I had to connect as well to Silk Air. I do not remember if there were showers in the SQ business class lounge. I dont even remember if I had time to use it during the transfer.

As far as the lounge at Newark, it is terrible. Totally generic and very slim food offerings. The terminal itself feels like you are at the Port Authority bus station in NY. There is nothing memorable and you will literally feel like you arrived at OZ when you see Changi Airport in Singapore. The SilverKris Lounge (both F and J) are spectacular. The airport has so much to offer that you wont mind the layover at all.

The best part of Newark airport is leaving it! So, don't get there too early. Get there no more than 2 hours prior and look forward to an incredible flight on SQ!

Last edited by plumbar; Mar 7, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.