Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN T3 SQ First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore, Cathay, QANTAS, Delta, Velocity, Etihad
Well it is Singapore where corporal punishment is still administered by the government as punishment.

I wonder if the T3 SQ F Lounge caterers will be given six stokes of the rattan cane?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Do they offer a turn-down service should I decide to camp the night inside prior to my UA F flight out early in the morning?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by RBH58
Well it is Singapore where corporal punishment is still administered by the government as punishment.

I wonder if the T3 SQ F Lounge caterers will be given six stokes of the rattan cane?
what?
Old May 18, 2011, 2:04 pm
2zz

Programs: SQ, UA, US, TG
You should call for the service manager and start loudly berating him on the spot. I saw someone did just that and the food started pouring out. Kudos to that unnamed hero who took the initiative instead to sitting around and sulking like the rest of us - myself included.

Originally Posted by RBH58
When on overnight flights home to Australia I like to get as much sleep as possible and try to get a meal in the lounge prior to departure. Problem is that in my last three visits to the T3 SQ F Lounge there has been little available to eat.

Last Friday night I grabbed a plate and went for a stroll around the bain maries and it had hit an all time low. The choice was 2 tired looking ribs, a (very) few overcooked steamed vegetables, some rice and 3 pieces of cake….at 8pm on a Friday night! There were a few people in the lounge but I can't say it was overly busy. I put the plate back and grabbed a handful of peanuts and a scotch from the bar.

When I think of how good the food in the SQ lounges used to be, my last three evening visits have been a severe disappointment. Have I just been unlucky lately or has anybody else noticed dropping standards?
Old May 18, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC 75K,SQ*G,Marriott PLT,HH GOLD,IHG PLTAMB
Originally Posted by rownada
Do they offer a turn-down service should I decide to camp the night inside prior to my UA F flight out early in the morning?
No.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 7:37 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
So I'm sitting here in the T3 First Class Lounge. The champagne is a Leroy-Duval Brut (retail about $30) and while perfectly drinkable, is probably better suited to a Business Class lounge. Or for when friends come over at Xmas or New Years.

The only white wine was a Yalumba Unwooded Chardonnay (2010) which retails for A$11 (via Nicks Wine Merchants in Australia). Nothing else on offer. This is the sort of wine you give to your teenager when they ask "Dad, can I take a bottle of wine to the barbecue?

Or something like that...

This to me is unacceptable - especially in SQ's flagship lounge in Singapore.

So, curiosity got the better of me and I took a peek in at the J lounge. Guess what? Exactly the same wine and champagne. Amazing.

And the food offering was wider in the J lounge. Ok, the F lounge is a nice place to be - but come on, if you were paying SGD$14K upwards for a F fare somewhere and all you were served is a white wine you really wouldn't wash your dog in, and champagne which is the same across J and F, then you would have every reason to be pissed off.

I'm flying in LH F to FRA tonite - and am spending some quality time in a real F lounge, the FCT in FRA.

I've even stopped drinking and am going to wait until I get onboard - I'm outraged
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:46 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The stuff onboard has always been better than in the lounge.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:05 am

Since you are flying on F, why not the Private Room
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by eightblack
Ok, the F lounge is a nice place to be - but come on, if you were paying SGD$14K upwards for a F fare somewhere and all you were served is a white wine you really wouldn't wash your dog in, and champagne which is the same across J and F, then you would have every reason to be pissed off.

I'm flying in LH F to FRA tonite - and am spending some quality time in a real F lounge, the FCT in FRA.
Well, I think you have just outlined the problem yourself.

SQ are sending their own F pax to the Private Room, where things are improved considerably... in exactly the same fashion as the way LH sending their own F pax to the FCT/FCL.

Good food/drink at lounges cost a substantial amount of money, and I guess the airlines are no longer willing to pay for feeding other airlines' passengers. Lounges like TG F at BKK are a welcome exception, but an exception nevertheless.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 6:25 pm

Just FYI, TPR serves Duval Leroy as their only champagne, as with the J and F lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.