Transferring points to another

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Transferring points to another

Hi

I read the sticky at the top but couldn't find info on this, and the search facility was being difficult.

My parents have a tonne of points they never use on their CC so I have generously volunteered to assist them in making use of them.

I have a flight coming up to Europe and would like to use the points on SQ. Just so I understand correctly would my mother need to transfer the requisite points to her account and then book the flight under my name through her KF account? I have already checked with the CC provider and the points can only be transferred to a account in her name.

Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by bensyd
Hi

I read the sticky at the top but couldn't find info on this, and the search facility was being difficult.

My parents have a tonne of points they never use on their CC so I have generously volunteered to assist them in making use of them.

I have a flight coming up to Europe and would like to use the points on SQ. Just so I understand correctly would my mother need to transfer the requisite points to her account and then book the flight under my name through her KF account? I have already checked with the CC provider and the points can only be transferred to a account in her name.

Thanks
Yes correct Sir - get mother to transfer the points to her KF account and add you as a Redemption Nominee - then a simple procedure to book a redemption in your name. Be quck - the greater lead time you can manage the greater chance you have of getting a Saver Award flight which is half points required as Standard Award redemption.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Yes correct Sir - get mother to transfer the points to her KF account and add you as a Redemption Nominee - then a simple procedure to book a redemption in your name. Be quck - the greater lead time you can manage the greater chance you have of getting a Saver Award flight which is half points required as Standard Award redemption.
Thanks for the reply. Points are on their way.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Be quck - the greater lead time you can manage the greater chance you have of getting a Saver Award flight which is half points required as Standard Award redemption.
Saver Awards are the only ones worth spending money on, so do book early and keep in mind that redeeming for one person might be quite easy, but for 2-3 things will get more difficult.

Also, no saver awards on the 77W or A380, so best to use your miles on the 744 where you can get a 1-way saver award in F for less miles than a similar (albeit standard) award in J on the 77W/A380.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Alternately you may use your points on ANY Krisflyer partner if SQ flights are not available.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:03 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just wondering but the OP never mentioned what route he wants to travel and what class. So while the saver award is a good recommendation in general it does not apply to all aircraft types if you are looking into C or F travel. However in Y class you get saver awards on all aircraft.

best value is of course to book into C or F unless you enjoy Y or want to stretch the miles as much as possible. (some shorterm Y bookings can be quite expensive so sometimes Y awards may make sense though. )
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:05 am

Looking for some one to sell their meliage

Originally Posted by bensyd
Thanks for the reply. Points are on their way.
I am looking for some one who do not use their KF Mlg to sell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.