FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

invisible Mar 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by behyx (Post 28105261)
I paid some things in January 2017 via iPaymy using HSBC Advance. I still haven't get the 9x. Should I be concerned?

You won't get any. See my message above.

One explanation at this moment is that due to the fact they switched to Getzpay and enabled proxy/scheduled payments, bonus points are not awarded any more because a) the payments are considered as offline b) the payments are excluded from earning bonus points or c) both.

I asked them to get my fee back due to this fact, but they refused, considering that after this change I am not going to use them and don't see how other would continue using them - expect that both services will fold down quickly.

lifeonthego_k Mar 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 28107525)
You won't get any. See my message above.

One explanation at this moment is that due to the fact they switched to Getzpay and enabled proxy/scheduled payments, bonus points are not awarded any more because a) the payments are considered as offline b) the payments are excluded from earning bonus points or c) both.

I asked them to get my fee back due to this fact, but they refused, considering that after this change I am not going to use them and don't see how other would continue using them - expect that both services will fold down quickly.

I got my 10x reward points for iPaymy transactions made with HSBC advance and DBS WWMC in Feb. This was before they switched payment providers. For March I'm still waiting to see as they haven't been posted yet.

carrotjuice Mar 31, 2017 7:27 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 28107525)

Exactly. Highly unsustainable business model.

MilesBuzz Apr 1, 2017 5:38 pm

6x Promotion for Expedia using UOB PRVI Cards are now extended until 31 March 2018. But the bad news is Singapore Airlines is not one of the participating airlines :(

Cathay Pacific, Garuda Indonesia, Qatar Airways & Thai Airways are still in the promo.

qsharp Apr 1, 2017 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 28117069)
6x Promotion for Expedia using UOB PRVI Cards are now extended until 31 March 2018. But the bad news is Singapore Airlines is not one of the participating airlines :(

Cathay Pacific, Garuda Indonesia, Qatar Airways & Thai Airways are still in the promo.

They also removed ANA from the list... :(

They also still offer 6x miles over their UOBTravel portal but that usually proves useless to me since they require start point to be Singapore, so I cannot book for family members and friends.

lcpteck Apr 1, 2017 9:26 pm

Anybody knows of any current CC promos for Japan Airlines?

spk307 Apr 2, 2017 1:14 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 28110749)
Exactly. Highly unsustainable business model.

It can be sustainable if they do it the right way. As long as they share a portion of the 2.6% they earn, with the banks / payment gateways (which they continue to do), they won't be blacklisted.

The main problem right now is that these payment providers are switching to automatic/ scheduled payments to reduce the payment cycle. But this means the payments will be considered 'offline' and will not result in maximum rewards.

Their initiative for efficiency could be the cause of their own downfall if customers stop using their portal.

vade Apr 2, 2017 9:58 pm

Not sure if covered before, but which card should I use for Airbnb booking to get 4mpd? Does it count as an online transaction?

natcin Apr 2, 2017 11:31 pm

definitely counts as online. if you wanna be doubly-sure and leave no room for error, then just select paypal as the payment method and use your card through paypal.

qsharp Apr 3, 2017 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 28117567)
Anybody knows of any current CC promos for Japan Airlines?

​​​​​​UOB PRVIMiles offers 6x miles when booking Japan Airlines via their UOBTravel portal. This is assuming you are flying ex-SIN.

lcpteck Apr 4, 2017 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by qsharp (Post 28125434)
​​​​​​UOB PRVIMiles offers 6x miles when booking Japan Airlines via their UOBTravel portal. This is assuming you are flying ex-SIN.

Oh yeah saw that, thanks. Too bad I"m flying ex-KUL.

qsharp Apr 4, 2017 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 28128862)
Oh yeah saw that, thanks. Too bad I"m flying ex-KUL.

Oh well, you could always profit from 6x miles offered for MH bookings and buy a transit ticket from KUL to SIN first. ;-)

UOBTravel allows flexi returns, so you could even fly frm Japan back to KUL directly.

lcpteck Apr 4, 2017 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by qsharp (Post 28130393)
Oh well, you could always profit from 6x miles offered for MH bookings and buy a transit ticket from KUL to SIN first. ;-)

UOBTravel allows flexi returns, so you could even fly frm Japan back to KUL directly.

I don't see MH as a participating airline for UOBTravel 6 Miles promotion.

Only the below airlines are participating (ex-SIN):

Participating Airlines: All Nippon Airways (NH), British Airways (BA), Cathay Pacific Airways (CX), Emirates (EK), Etihad Airways (EY), Qantas (QF), Thai Airways (TG) and United Airlines (UA), Japan Airlines (JL), American Airlines (AA), Qatar Airways (QR), Air China (CA), China Eastern Airways (MU), Lufthansa (LH), Swiss International Airlines (LX), Korean Airlines (KE), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Delta Airlines (DL).

qsharp Apr 5, 2017 10:13 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 28130876)
I don't see MH as a participating airline for UOBTravel 6 Miles promotion.

Only the below airlines are participating (ex-SIN):

Participating Airlines: All Nippon Airways (NH), British Airways (BA), Cathay Pacific Airways (CX), Emirates (EK), Etihad Airways (EY), Qantas (QF), Thai Airways (TG) and United Airlines (UA), Japan Airlines (JL), American Airlines (AA), Qatar Airways (QR), Air China (CA), China Eastern Airways (MU), Lufthansa (LH), Swiss International Airlines (LX), Korean Airlines (KE), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Delta Airlines (DL).

My bad, sorry. They used to be participating in either Expedia or UOBTravel promo... That would leave SilkAir, albeit considerably more expensive than MH. But then again, you get better service and can still get your 6x bonus...

SQ319 Apr 6, 2017 8:31 am

Originally Posted by vade (Post 28121283)
Not sure if covered before, but which card should I use for Airbnb booking to get 4mpd? Does it count as an online transaction?

I was going to suggest DBS WWMC for 10X for all online purchases, but I just double checked the T&C and now the 10X points have been changed to only include 10X Retail spend?

https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resource...s_card_tnc.pdf

Can anyone confirm that WWMC no longer gives 10X for all online spend? Only for online retail spending?