FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

invisible Mar 22, 2017 9:50 am

Originally Posted by flyasia (Post 28071249)
You were saying bus are not supported! I'm just saying this is not correct and there must be something wrong with your card. No need to be rude.

Dude.

Let me try to repeat once again in English:

1. I enabled the card (FEVO) at GTM, it switched into 'Bank Card' mode
2. I then went to take MRT, at the entry/exit it showed 'Bank Card Usage'. No issues here
3. Then I went upstairs to take bus. Put the card on that terminal, it lit up with red and big bold letters 'BANK CARD NOT SUPPORTED' displayed on terminal. I could not use that card to ride bus and had to pay cash.
4. Yesterday went back to GTM, switched back to CEPAS mode and was able to use the card at bus again.

Clear now?

SQ319 Mar 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Chill both.

Reading all your posts objectively, invisible was just trying to share his experience.

He didn't say bus is not supported. He said that his bank card was not supported when he was trying to use on the bus. Bank Card not support does not mean bus is not supported.

Which can mean
- The bank card wasn't properly set up at GTM
- The card reader was not properly set up on the bus, so it cannot capture the bank card details

invisible Mar 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 28074108)
- The card reader was not properly set up on the bus, so it cannot capture the bank card details

Tried three times, got the same result. I have feeling that while MRT is supported, support of bank card mode has not rolled out to all bus routes yet - there are three bus companies now in operation.

I think I will wait six month until it moves from trial to production phase and then re-enable it.

Ghost07 Mar 23, 2017 5:48 am

DBS altitude offline transaction

I booked a holiday at club med website and the transaction was only charged on the following day, I suspected it was offline translation.

Aft a call with DBS CSO, she confirmed it was an offline transaction, and didn't qualify for the 3 miles per $ for online hote booking.

I forwarded her with e-receipts as supporting and requested her to restate the transaction into online hotel booking category. She said she will forward my request to revavent department.

Has anyone experience this situation and get transaction restate and award additional points?

invisible Mar 27, 2017 6:03 am

If anybody is interested - ipaymy switched to different payment provider and there are no 10x points awarded with that provider.

spk307 Mar 27, 2017 6:35 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 28091961)
If anybody is interested - ipaymy switched to different payment provider and there are no 10x points awarded with that provider.

which card are you referring to here? And how do you know there is no 10x ?

invisible Mar 27, 2017 10:36 am

Originally Posted by spk307 (Post 28092034)
which card are you referring to here?

Citi. But I suspect that it would be applicable to all usual suspects in this case.

Originally Posted by spk307 (Post 28092034)
And how do you know there is no 10x ?

Because there are no such awarded after 5 business days. Usually three days are enough to post bonus points.

laurent_rio Mar 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 28092976)
Citi. But I suspect that it would be applicable to all usual suspects in this case.

Because there are no such awarded after 5 business days. Usually three days are enough to post bonus points.

aiya last month i paid cardup using UOB PPV and not get 10x UNI$, this month paid ipaymy using DBS WWMC, but dont know the result since 9x DBS Point awarded on 16th.

spk307 Mar 27, 2017 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by laurent_rio (Post 28094948)
aiya last month i paid cardup using UOB PPV and not get 10x UNI$, this month paid ipaymy using DBS WWMC, but dont know the result since 9x DBS Point awarded on 16th.

As long as you got OTP, WWMC should work. Worked until last month. Try to avoid their scheduled payment feature as that will not generate OTP.

invisible Mar 28, 2017 1:48 am

Originally Posted by spk307 (Post 28095682)
As long as you got OTP, WWMC should work. Worked until last month. Try to avoid their scheduled payment feature as that will not generate OTP.

Seems that the same situation leads not to awarding 10x points with Ipaymy as well.

carrotjuice Mar 29, 2017 7:35 am

These converting cash payment to card transaction companies will soon experience a shakeout and not sure if they will survive. Cardup recently sent a promo that their fee is reduced from 2.6% to 1.9% - seems they must be desperate. After taking advantage of their Feb promo of 0% fee thus charged 2 x $5K to my PPV, I've stopped using them. It's a small margin business and personally I think the regular fee is too high and isn't tempting enough.

They must surely be desperate to get market share.

Kelvin L Mar 29, 2017 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by spk307 (Post 28095682)

Is there any way to do payments? In cardup, all i see is schedule payment, and there is no otp

Singapore_Air Mar 29, 2017 9:21 pm

HSBC Advance 10x Reward Points have been extended from 31 March 2017 but only until 31 May 2017.

behyx Mar 30, 2017 12:30 am

I paid some things in January 2017 via iPaymy using HSBC Advance. I still haven't get the 9x. Should I be concerned?

lifeonthego_k Mar 30, 2017 10:10 am

Originally Posted by behyx (Post 28105261)
I paid some things in January 2017 via iPaymy using HSBC Advance. I still haven't get the 9x. Should I be concerned?

If the transaction was on your statement in Jan, you should have received the 10x reward points on March 1st. I know I did. I would recommend calling up HSBC and asking them specifically if you got the 10x for this particular transaction.