Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Online check-in and the need to present the credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

If my SQ ticket requires me to present the credit card I used to purchase it online, does that preclude me from using online check-in? If so, will I be able to at least use transfer desks at Changi or will I have to go landside?

Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
Originally Posted by Sarah DDS
If my SQ ticket requires me to present the credit card I used to purchase it online, does that preclude me from using online check-in? If so, will I be able to at least use transfer desks at Changi or will I have to go landside?

Thanks.
From my past experience, when I needed to present a credit card that I used to purchase the ticket, I could still do check-in on line. I could also use the transfer desks at Changi without th eneed to go landside. Of course many times I could get the BP at SKL since I have the access to the lounge when flying SQ.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
On-line check-in

You can definitely use the on-line check in, pick your seat, enter your info. But the boarding pass probably won't be issued until you get to the airport. Landside, there is a special line for people who used internet check-in that is usually shorter than the *A Gold line- would assume that you can also show your credit card and get a boarding pass at the transfer desk.

You can also do the credit card validation at any SQ office or check-in, but I suspect there isn't one at your origination point, or else you would be flying SQ the whole way...
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Yes you can still do online check-in, you just have to show the credit card at the airport counter where they'll give you a proper boarding pass.

For what it's worth, I believe AMEX cards are not subject to the credit card check since I've never been asked to present my AMEX card, whereas some people I know use Visa and they always have to show their cards.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Weird, I always had to show Amex. Verified by Visa and MC Secure Code no need to present the card.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:36 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I believe that if you have elite status you are also "exempt" from showing your card.

You can also sign an online form that allows you to buy tickets for third parties, and then they obviously don't need to show any cards...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.