Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIN SQ F Lounge -- Term 3 Worth the Trek?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat

Hey all. I'm traveling in F on SQ 62 next month, SIN-IAH. SQ 62 is the only flight to the US that leaves from Terminal 2 instead of Terminal 3. Is the Terminal 3 F lounge "that" much better than Terminal 2's that it's worth the extra trek from from from 2 to 3 and back again for departure, or should I just suck it up in the allegedly "lesser" F lounge in 2? Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:13 am

definitely worth it. I do it every time.

P
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Dont forget you also have the TPR in T3.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ryan182
Dont forget you also have the TPR in T3.
Thanks but ... help me out. As an SQ newbie, I don't know what that is!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Oh wait -- you mean the Private Room. Yeah, I've read about it, but I have paid J and used miles to upgrade one-way to F, so based on what I've read on here, I'm not TPR-worthy.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by st530
Oh wait -- you mean the Private Room. Yeah, I've read about it, but I have paid J and used miles to upgrade one-way to F, so based on what I've read on here, I'm not TPR-worthy.
On the contrary, you are TPR worthy. They changed the rules earlier this year, and redemption F bookings are good for TPR access. ^
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Imo the t3 biz lounge is just as good the f lounge.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:12 pm

Hey all. I'm traveling in F on SQ 62 next month, SIN-IAH. SQ 62 is the only flight to the US that leaves from Terminal 2 instead of Terminal 3. Is the Terminal 3 F lounge "that" much better than Terminal 2's that it's worth the extra trek from from from 2 to 3 and back again for departure, or should I just suck it up in the allegedly "lesser" F lounge in 2? Thanks!
Well, I might agree that the hike is worth it -- but consider: if you're going to be in the lounge for quite some time before SQ 62 departs (say, from 11 PM to boarding time), then the T-3 lounge will be more crowded, TPR and all, and the T-2 lounge virtually empty: most of the late night flights with F leave from T-3.

The T-2 F lounge is still very nice, and seldom has many guests any more -- especially given the late hour of SQ 62's departure. It can be almost eery -- a private lounge just for you..........................
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by view
On the contrary, you are TPR worthy. They changed the rules earlier this year, and redemption F bookings are good for TPR access. ^
Awesome, thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bitterroot

The T-2 F lounge is still very nice, and seldom has many guests any more -- especially given the late hour of SQ 62's departure. It can be almost eery -- a private lounge just for you..........................
Well geesh, just when the prior responses had me settled on going to T-3, you've just given me a pretty compelling reason to stick with T-2. I have 4 hours, maybe the thing to do is check out both, if that's permitted? That way I'll know for myself next time. Thanks for all the replies.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 2:04 pm

I have 4 hours, maybe the thing to do is check out both, if that's permitted? That way I'll know for myself next time. Thanks for all the replies.
As far as I know it is totally permitted. Have fun lounge hopping.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, DL 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well geesh, just when the prior responses had me settled on going to T-3, you've just given me a pretty compelling reason to stick with T-2. I have 4 hours, maybe the thing to do is check out both, if that's permitted? That way I'll know for myself next time. Thanks for all the replies.
It is definitely permitted. I would recommend checking in at T2, going to the lounge there for a little bit just to see it, then go to T3 F and TPR. You will certainly have better food in T3 with the al a carte dining room in the TPR.

Going to T2 first will 1) avoid the questions from the T3 check-in counter ("your flight leaves from T2 - you really should check in over there"), and 2) keep you from making a return trip to T3 after you realize that it is better.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:14 pm

The trek from T2 to T3 is worth it to use TPR, which you are defiantely entitled to. It is also worth it to see T3 which is a lot nicer than T2 (even though T2 is nice). As you have 4 hours, you should try both. The F lounge in T3 is not that different to T2. It maybe looks more modern and has a slightly better selection of food, but in the TPR you will have a priviliged experience which you should definately try.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by view
OP had a J flight upgraded with miles. What about an F award? If yes, there doesn't seem to be any kind of exclusivity to TPR over the F lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.