Wiki Posts
Search

Time change 30th December.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2007, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Time change 30th December.

Clocks in Argentina shall go forward one hour on the 30th of December it has been announced.They shall go back one hour next March.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 7:06 am

I checked it ... it's not a joke:

DST starts on Midnight between Saturday, December 29, 2007 and Sunday, December 30, 2007 local standard time.

That's also not a joke (what Hugo did). I wonder when Cristina will follow Hugo.

Venezuela creates own time zone

Venezuelan early risers will now get more daylight
Venezuela creates its own unique time zone on Sunday, putting the clock back half-an-hour on a permanent basis.

President Hugo Chavez says that an earlier dawn means the performance of the country will improve, as more people will wake up in daylight.

"I don't care if they call me crazy, the new time will go ahead," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7134927.stm

Last edited by USAFAN; Dec 22, 2007 at 7:10 am Reason: Added: I don't care if they call me crazy, the new time will go ahead
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:45 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Please.... this bloody government does too many things with Chavez, we DO NOT need our own time zone...
Old Dec 30, 2007, 7:08 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Remember to change your watches TODAY!!!!

HNY to all !!!!! ^
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Check your itineraries¡

As of last Friday, none of the airlines flying into EZE had amended their schedules to account for the time change. On Saturday morning I got a call from UA about the times changes for a January trip, and the new schedules appeared online.

I haven't checked out other airlines, but for those of you who are flying to/from Argentina in the next 3 months, and have previously printed out an itinerary, remember to update it with the new arrival and departure times.

John
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
As of last Friday, none of the airlines flying into EZE had amended their schedules to account for the time change. On Saturday morning I got a call from UA about the times changes for a January trip, and the new schedules appeared online.

I haven't checked out other airlines, but for those of you who are flying to/from Argentina in the next 3 months, and have previously printed out an itinerary, remember to update it with the new arrival and departure times.

John
AA sent out time changes last week
Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by nytango
AA sent out time changes last week
Actually I checked UA, AA, DL, AR, and 4M early Friday morning on seatcounter, and all were showing unaltered arrival/departure times.

John
Old Dec 31, 2007, 4:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Actually I checked UA, AA, DL, AR, and 4M early Friday morning on seatcounter, and all were showing unaltered arrival/departure times.

John
All I said was that AA sent out time changes last week

Try aa.com or ef, rather than seatcounter and I guess I should ignore this:

Dear
xxxxxx
Date of Issue: 26DEC07

Record Locator: xxxxxx

Thank you for choosing American Airlines/American Eagle, a member of the oneworld Alliance.

There has been a recent SCHEDULE CHANGE to the passenger's reservation and the current itinerary is listed below. This document is for informational purposes only and is intended to advise the passenger (s) of a SCHEDULE CHANGE. THIS IS NOT A TICKET OR ELECTRONIC RECEIPT.

Please check your departure/arrival gate information prior to arriving at the airport. Should you need to change your reservation, please call 1-800-433-7300 and refer to the above record locator.

THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS IS NON-RETURNABLE AND WILL NOT ACCOMMODATE REPLIES.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
I got a message from RG changing the departure time from my GIG-EZE flight on January to one hour earlier. Arriving time in EZE and departure time from the flight back have not changed.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
We are in B.A. now and received a notice from AA about my fiance's flight (moved up one hour). Nothing from Delta (my flight). I don't mind if they push the flight an hour as long as check-in opens as normal (and there is an indication that check-in was opening an hour late on the DL $500 J class fare thread).

Dante is picking us up at 5:30 PM tomorrow.

I went to AA's office on Sante Fe and they confirmed that check-in opens at 6 PM. The Delta office (on the same block) was closed. Useless.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:22 am

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
I recently received a Schedule Change notification from AA about upcoming travel I have into/out of EZE in Feb/Mar. All that has actually changed is that my arrival into and departure from EZE have been moved up an hour. So apparently it's taking them a little while, but they're getting it figured out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.