Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA LHR cancellations today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Well we're recruiting for people at LHR. Though I think everyone's been recruited on the temp contracts at LGW for the summer.
There was no temp summer contract offered at LHR for some reason.

Anyway, I've found something much more useful and much better paid!
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by spanishflea
There was no temp summer contract offered at LHR for some reason.

Anyway, I've found something much more useful and much better paid!
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I can't recall seeing temp contracts offered at LHR in the past, only LGW.

As for the better paid job - no comment
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Really been messed around by BA the last couple of weeks. Waited for an age for a stand then no-one turned up for about 30 mins to activate the guidance system. Crew and Pilot seemed to be a wits end.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Aero_Safety
Droped BA a line to thank them for their lack of customer support.
A good example of customer support here in NCL this evening. BA1335 delayed 2.5hrs now estimated to depart at 20.00. BA1337 (the one I'm on) is showing a 30 min delay. Inquired about moving onto the delayed 1335 if there were seats. Told that the Despatcher has closed the flight and is not allowing any movement between the flights. Not told that they don't have any seats. As it's only 30mins delay on my flight, I'm not too bothered, but if the delay gets worse I shall be a little peeved. It's not a big thing, but I'm afraid I regard it as symptomatic.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Watch for that dodgy Tristar to make an appearance on a wet-lease at this rate.

Being late seems endemic now, to the point that any delay under 30mins doesn't even warrant an apology from anyone on the ground or in the air now.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 2:46 pm
Bukhara

Last edited by Bukhara; Jul 26, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Old Jun 24, 2007, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Indeed, but surely if flights are being cancelled because of a shortage of staff, it is rather ridiculous that they seemingly have no interest in recruiting?
Ah, but it will all be better when T5 opens -so forget the next months

It's not really good enough I know! I was 'lucky' as my flight to CDG only arrived an hour and fifteen minutes late!! My luggage did connect at LHR correctly, so things are getting better..........
Old Jun 24, 2007, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
I landed today on the dayflight from BOS and we waited on the tarmac for an hour before a gate became free at T4 . The captain kept saying it was the weather and, rather tellingly I'm afraid "It is definitely affecting all the other terminals as well".

Yeah, right.

Yet again, a wonderful flight (I was op-upped to F) was spoilt by LHR.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Excuse given for the delay on the LHR - LIN flight this evening was weather.
Push back 20 mins late despite everyone being on board on time as clearence was not given by air traffic control. Captain was apologetic but kept everyone informed. Even the bags were loaded on time for once.

When we reach the runway, captain said there was a queue for take off and that we were " one, two three ,.......... fourteenth in the queue". On take take off, I could see the queue behind us and there were at least another 10 planes in an orderly line. Take off was an hour late.

Looking at flightstats, the delays on Alitalia is about the same as BA so I think it was a weather issue.

I wonder if BAA / air traffic control knew that there were limiting the number of ground movements and got BA to cancel a few of their flights.

Last edited by KenJohn; Jun 24, 2007 at 5:37 pm
Old Jun 24, 2007, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Everytime I fly into and out of LHR, I seem to think (and believe) that that airport is stuck in the stone ages when the rest of Europe's airports evolved.

And whoever designed the luggage trolleys for British Airports ought to be hog tied on one of those trolleys and sent down the arrivals ramp at T2 and see how much fun steering it is!

BA being split between T1 and T4 now is not much fun when transferring either....
Old Jun 24, 2007, 6:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, British Airways ID, Lloyds TSB Visa Debit Card
Seriously? I've been trying to get some summer work at LHR and BA practically laugh in my face whenever I speak to someone there about any opportunities!
I think they're laughing in your face because they cannot believe you want to work for them.....

Seriously though, I do love this company and I love working for them, but I'm absolutely disgusted at how we cannot get the most simple, fundamental elements of our business right.

Morale amongst crew is lower than I can remember at the moment - if we had a GBP for every time we had to say "sorry" for something directly related to management decisions, we'd all be as rich as you lot!

Now, I don't mean to sound critical of our managers. They've been brought in to do a job and I'm pretty confident that when they make these decisions, they truly believe that they're for the best. The city wants the company to make money and everyone is pulling together to do this but sadly, some efforts are perhaps a little mis-guided or atleast premature (making T5 staffing cuts before we're actually there, for example).
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:15 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Bollocks!

My 15:55 LHR-AMS has just been cancelled today. The only flight I have been offered is the 16:15 from LGW and that wont work as I will have a car at the wrong airport.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA-blue :( sad times
Anyone taking bets for the annual August strike?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by KenJohn
When we reach the runway, captain said there was a queue for take off and that we were " one, two three ,.......... fourteenth in the queue".
Reading this reminds me of a similar announcement I heard on an ex-EWR Continental domestic flight last October - "Ladies and gentlemen, at this time there are 32 other aircraft ahead of us in the queue to take off."
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:39 am
Suspended

I haven't take off or landed on time on a BA flight in months. The most annoying thing is the Captain trying as hard as possible to invent a credible excuse for sitting in the middle of nowhere for 40 minutes. I try and get away with hand luggage only, as the BA luggage lottery continues to be a shambles. This "all will change with T5" attitude doesn't wash with me, as we're talking at least 10-11 months away. How many passengers will BA have lost before T5 opens? Maybe that's why T5 will work smoothly, because there'll be no passengers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.