Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA LHR cancellations today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2007, 3:13 am
Original Poster

BA LHR cancellations today

Be warned: Canx flights on BA today are numerous and increasing. BAH, DOH, EDI, GLA, MAD, ZRH, AMS, FRA, BCN, IST are among the list. Not sure of the reason.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold.
Interesting, as my connection back to GLA (1486) was cancelled yesterday without prior warning or any notification other than not being ble to check in!. Droped BA a line to thank them for their lack of customer support.

Aero
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I wonder what the reason is for this?

BD has some delays, but no cancellations so it's not a LHR or weather issue.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Staff shortages again? Like last Sunday...
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:17 am

Only BA could possibly have such a bloated payroll and still be short of frontline staff...
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:10 am

A few are down to shortage of Pilots and the rest down to the shortage of loading staff. Most were cancelled yesterday and ba.com updated, e-mails and SMS sent etc, but some were today (crew shortage). AFAIK all pax have been accomodated on alternatives today, but of course some people have had their plans messed up!!
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Cancelled flights and disruptions two weekends in a row, tales of baggage problems, lack of dispatchers, lack of pilots, lack of crew, rain delays, no monopoo .

Is BA falling apart at the seams?

It is starting to sound more like a soap opera plot rather than a world class airline.

I jokingly made an obscure reference comparing BA to the London Underground a while back. Was it not so much of a joke after all?

ducks and runs for cover
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:39 am

BA is in a constant state of operational meltdown. On-time performance is despicable.

Still, the lounges have great champagne and T5 will open soon, so all's well
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by adrianjc32
A few are down to shortage of Pilots and the rest down to the shortage of loading staff. Most were cancelled yesterday and ba.com updated, e-mails and SMS sent etc, but some were today (crew shortage). AFAIK all pax have been accomodated on alternatives today, but of course some people have had their plans messed up!!
This is a really poor show from BA.

BA operates the same flying programme week in week out and having the right number of staff in the right place for normal operations is basic stuff.

Is this going to happen every Sunday throughout the summer?
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:23 am

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
Mostly lack of staff in the terminals, but also a lack of co-pilots ,predominantly on the 747 fleet. Some flts op with 2 Capts instead, SMS sent at 6.30 am sat morning for volunteers to fly....most pilots so knackered they would rather have the rest than the offer of extra cash to fly...still, come the glorious day of T5......
Fit for 5-f****d for 4 !!!!!
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by no longer atc
Mostly lack of staff in the terminals
Seriously? I've been trying to get some summer work at LHR and BA practically laugh in my face whenever I speak to someone there about any opportunities!
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:42 am

Shortage of staff doesn't necessarily mean they're hiring...
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Shortage of staff doesn't necessarily mean they're hiring...
Indeed, but surely if flights are being cancelled because of a shortage of staff, it is rather ridiculous that they seemingly have no interest in recruiting?
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by spanishflea
Indeed, but surely if flights are being cancelled because of a shortage of staff, it is rather ridiculous that they seemingly have no interest in recruiting?
I guess it depends on whether senior BA management consider cancelling nearly 20 flights on a Sunday with sufficient advance notice is a price worth paying if it helps reach the magic 10%.

We have of course been here before in 2004 when BA had to cancel (IIRC) 500+ flights due to staff shortages.

Given the last thing BA needs is another summer of disruption at LHR (with the consequent damage to an already battered reputation), one would have hoped BA would have the foresight to ensure that at the very least it has enough staff available to work at LHR.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Well we're recruiting for people at LHR. Though I think everyone's been recruited on the temp contracts at LGW for the summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.