Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA267 LHR-PDX canceled Dec. 9, 2024

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2024, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

BA267 LHR-PDX canceled Dec. 9, 2024

Received an email today that my return flight from LHR-PDX has been cancelled. Rebooked for the 10th. How does BA know this far in advance that the flight is cancelled? I guess one more day in London is no big deal. However, will look to see about coming back on the 8th instead.
Old May 26, 2024, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by toadman
Received an email today that my return flight from LHR-PDX has been cancelled. Rebooked for the 10th. How does BA know this far in advance that the flight is cancelled? I guess one more day in London is no big deal. However, will look to see about coming back on the 8th instead.
Lack of airframes. Boeings complete inability to deliver what was ordered years ago means BA has to yet again adjust their flying program.
Old May 26, 2024, 7:05 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Actually, they switched winter schedules from mwfs into Tuesday Wed Friday Sunday.
it just happened last night
toadman and AirborneLocksmith like this.
Old May 26, 2024, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by felicidad76
Actually, they switched winter schedules from mwfs into Tuesday Wed Friday Sunday.
it just happened last night
Well, that makes sense. Might look to fly back a day earlier than planned.
Old May 26, 2024, 9:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Yeh. Winter schedules. I think even Mex will drop to only 4 or 5 weekly. As for rebooking, in future you can hold off a bit before confirming as when the cancellation happens you essentially have a flexible ticket. Not ideal if you want a specific seat, but great if you're happy to wait until nearer and might need to cancel.

​​​​​​I Am just assuming you already confirmed the 10th of course. If you haven't clicked confirm change then you can use MMB to choose the 8th
Old May 27, 2024, 1:45 am

Programs: IBPlus Platinum (OWE)
I have the same situation but with my flight leaving 16th of December. My issue is that I fly connecting through LHR to MAD and then LCG which now it's impossible due to schedules, so this will be a fun one to rebook.
Old May 27, 2024, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Wirtz
I have the same situation but with my flight leaving 16th of December. My issue is that I fly connecting through LHR to MAD and then LCG which now it's impossible due to schedules, so this will be a fun one to rebook.
Should be able to change to e.g. PDX-LAX-MAD-LCG if that works out easier.
Old May 27, 2024, 5:36 am

Programs: IBPlus Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Should be able to change to e.g. PDX-LAX-MAD-LCG if that works out easier.
Just got moved to the next day with the same schedule as the original flight. The other option was to do PDX-ORD-MAD-LCG which would have been fine if it wouldn't leave at 7 AM, the only afternoon option is PDX to LHR.
Old May 27, 2024, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
My January SEA-LHR flight also changed due to this. The early afternoon flight moved from Thursday to Friday so they put me on the later flight. I prefer the earlier flight but I dont really want to rebook hotels and arrive a day later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.