Wiki Posts
Search

Pangkor Laut Resort - Transfer...!

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2024, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Pangkor Laut Resort - Transfer...!

Am looking at booking a BAH to a resort in KL (Pangkor Laut Resort) next Jan/Feb
The BAH booking page states 'free' transfers are only available for arrivals before 0900 - but the 'new' BA service doesn't arrive KL til 1730
Phoned BA earlier and the kind lady was stumped
I have emailed the resort for transfer detail, but dont expact that i'll get a reply for a couple of days

Thoughts?
Old May 26, 2024, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If the price is right book the BAH and sort your own transfer? Not sure what you’re hoping to hear here.

Is it a ferry to get there?
Old May 26, 2024, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Am looking at booking a BAH to a resort in KL (Pangkor Laut Resort) next Jan/Feb
The BAH booking page states 'free' transfers are only available for arrivals before 0900 - but the 'new' BA service doesn't arrive KL til 1730
Phoned BA earlier and the kind lady was stumped
I have emailed the resort for transfer detail, but dont expact that i'll get a reply for a couple of days

Thoughts?
Have you looked to see how far Pangkor Laut is from KL? It's a good 2hr drive from the city (further from the airport) and involves a road transfer followed by a boat to Pangkor Laut which operates at set times of day only. Perhaps the idea is to overnight near the airport before moving on the following day given the late arrival time.
Old May 26, 2024, 2:39 pm

Yes, either see if BAH can do a night at Sama Sama or my preference would be to do a night in the Hilton KL (easy reached on the train) and then get them to collect you from there. You can pop out for dinner and a stretch of the legs then. It's less distance so I'm sure they'd be fine with that
Delboy65 likes this.
Old May 26, 2024, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

The BAH description states a '4 hr ' transfer
Just astounding that they offer a free transfer - which is unattainable based on flight times
Have priced up a trip involving 1 night on arrival and , 2 nights in KL before flying back

But was curious if any of the brethren had visited using BAH?
Old May 26, 2024, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Yes, either see if BAH can do a night at Sama Sama or my preference would be to do a night in the Hilton KL (easy reached on the train) and then get them to collect you from there. You can pop out for dinner and a stretch of the legs then. It's less distance so I'm sure they'd be fine with that
Thank you Sammy...
When I spoke to the BAH agent we were both ignorant of options. Will call tomorrow being better informed
Old May 26, 2024, 3:30 pm

I suspect you may be best to arrange the hotels with BAH and then confirm the pick up point and time with the hotel directly

I haven't been but I lived in Singapore and quite a few friends went and were always positive. IIRC the full board type options were good value
Old May 26, 2024, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
My wife and I were booked to stay at the Pangkor Laut Resort whilst we were on our three days off in Kuala Lumpur on a trip, it just so happens that we had the owners onboard in First Class, lets just say that we were well looked after, one of the perks of the job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.