Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Flight to SFO has been delayed by ATC by 2 hours...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2024, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years

Situation - writing this from RNO. We have RNO-SFO-AMS. SFO-AMS is UA968 leaving at 2:55PM.

Our RNO-SFO flight has been delayed by 2h and is going to leave in 1h and theoretically we can make (running) from T3 to Terminal G.

However, if we are hit by further delay and can't make to our flight, what are our options? I looked at UA flight status and don't see any non-stop flight leaving from SFO with UA today or tomorrow?

Also, for the worst case scenario, if we can't leave today, is UA obligated to provide any hotel vouchers/compensation? What are my rights (if any)? I have pre-paid train tickets from AMS and hotel, totally about 400 euros.

Tickets is award tickets, bought with UA miles and fees were paid with Chase United business card. Can I claim any delay comp claim from Chase and what is the procedure and what documentation do I need?

Thanks everyone for your insights.
Old May 25, 2024, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by invisible
Situation - writing this from RNO. We have RNO-SFO-AMS. SFO-AMS is UA968 leaving at 2:55PM.

Our RNO-SFO flight has been delayed by 2h and is going to leave in 1h and theoretically we can make (running) from T3 to Terminal G.

However, if we are hit by further delay and can't make to our flight, what are our options? I looked at UA flight status and don't see any non-stop flight leaving from SFO with UA today or tomorrow?

Also, for the worst case scenario, if we can't leave today, is UA obligated to provide any hotel vouchers/compensation? What are my rights (if any)? I have pre-paid train tickets from AMS and hotel, totally about 400 euros.

Tickets is award tickets, bought with UA miles and fees were paid with Chase United business card. Can I claim any delay comp claim from Chase and what is the procedure and what documentation do I need?

Thanks everyone for your insights.
The UA app is showing an expected arrival of 1 hour 11 minutes late. You have about 1:40 between flights if this is correct.
artvandalay likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
if we can't leave today, is UA obligated to provide any hotel vouchers/compensation?
UA is not responsible for ATC delays. If they offer anything, it would be a goodwill gesture.

Can I claim any delay comp claim from Chase
It depends on which card you used.

what is the procedure and what documentation do I need?
It depends on which card you used.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Pre-paid items are usually never UAs responsibility in any event (their fault or not). Youll have to rely on some form of travel insurance (credit card or separate). Thats a risk we all take when pre-paying anything and expecting to get there on time.
jsloan, uanj, SPN Lifer and 1 others like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Made it, thanks everyone for your insights.
Old May 25, 2024, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
If you missed it, they'd probably rebook you via FRA since it leaves much later.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.