Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Am I going to be lonely on my flight to DOH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2024, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Flying to DOH middle of next week on an aircraft that has 48J seats. Looking on EF only 6 seats are shown as occupied.

I appreciate that there may be people who are not entitled to free seat selection, and who might not choose their seat until T-24, but isn't 6 out of 48 a bit low for a flight departing in a few days time?
Old May 25, 2024, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, quite common. Most non-status pax do not pay for/select seats in advance.

I can guarantee you that you will not be the only pax in business class on this flight
Old May 25, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Why complain?! If it is as low as that, the crew will hopefully be more attentive to you!

There may a number of people that think if I'm travelling J, why check in online? They may not be as flight savvy as readers of this forum.

Enjoy the flight and let us know how busy it actually is in the end!
Old May 25, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Hopefully you're not on the 123 that appears to have been cancelled five days in a row with tomorrow's also not showing.
Old May 25, 2024, 10:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chacor
Hopefully you're not on the 123 that appears to have been cancelled five days in a row with tomorrow's also not showing.
and of course if that happens to the OP, they can rebook on to QR as well as the other BA flight to DOH
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I can guarantee you that you will not be the only pax in business class on this flight
Given that there are already 5 other seats allocated already, perhaps not the most ambitious prediction. 😉
Koru Flyer, DYKWIA, Cymro and 4 others like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Of course you wont be lonely - thats what the crew is there for.

Or is it for your safety? I forget.

😉
Old May 25, 2024, 10:26 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I've been on a QR flight where there were more crew than passengers in Business and it was actually a little annoying. I didn't want to eat or drink, I just wanted to watch a movie and then go to sleep, but the crew kept visiting and almost insisting I should want their service!
Old May 25, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have flown this route a couple of times in the last couple months. Has always looked pretty empty on EF but ends up being fairly busy; I think *a lot* of people POUG or AUP on this route.
Old May 25, 2024, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
I was on a CTU-LHR flight (when that was a thing) that had about 5 of us in J.

Not a bad thing to have, esp. with a lovely crew.
Old May 25, 2024, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Agent69
Flying to DOH middle of next week on an aircraft that has 48J seats. Looking on EF only 6 seats are shown as occupied.

I appreciate that there may be people who are not entitled to free seat selection, and who might not choose their seat until T-24, but isn't 6 out of 48 a bit low for a flight departing in a few days time?
Theres only 12/52 reserved in J on my QR A380 next week too.
Old May 25, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: BA GGL / Concorde Room
I suspect most who fly to Doha in J and who have a choice will chose QR. If I were OP, I'd spend a little time on the QR website now, figuring out which QR's many LON/DOH flight he'd prefer so that in the event of BA cancellation, he knows what to ask for. My own preference is QR A380 for daytime flights (light and spacious cabin with bar at the back) and anything with Q-suites for night flights.
Old May 25, 2024, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape
Have flown this route a couple of times in the last couple months. .
How do we know what route the OP is on?
Old May 25, 2024, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by worldtrav
How do we know what route the OP is on?
He said DOH so I assume its LHR to DOH.
Old May 25, 2024, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA : Virgin
Originally Posted by Agent69

It happens! on a recent F [2-4-1] AMEX there were the 2 of us in the F cabin [8 seat version], was a splendid number of hours of food, liquids and galley chat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.