Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Business - CAI-YUL - $2140 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2024, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum

Reasonable price to Montreal on Qatar Airways from Cairo.

Dates in June looks ok. Other months seem to reprice.
Could initially get a similar price to other QR North American destinations but they all seem to reprice now.

First class on the Cairo - Doha flight and Qsuites on the Montreal leg.
Google Flights
Spoiler

seantheman and cruser1 like this.
Old May 24, 2024, 4:54 pm

Not bad, can it work anywhere else except CAI?
Old May 24, 2024, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
A and P fares. Where best to credit?
Old May 25, 2024, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Good to see a fresh ex-CAI fare that's pretty decent. This one doesn't do much for myself, but hope they continue to put out a few more ex-CAI.
Old May 25, 2024, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by seantheman
DFW and BOS seem to work . May and October looking good but a lot of other months are repricing.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Old May 26, 2024, 11:50 am

CAI along with TUN, ALG, and KRT have historically been some of the cheapest places to originate from on premium fares. Well in fairness Egypt as a whole but few airlines except MS fly to cities other than CAI, hence most of the ex-Egypt fares being labeled as ex-CAI. But you can typically get the same fares from SSH, HBE, HRG, ASW, and LXR if your airline actually flies there. (Hint, TK hits a fair few)
Old Jun 11, 2024, 6:15 am

Just wanted to give this one a little bump. I've been keeping an eye on all QR CAI-North America fares.

Last night I managed to book CAI-JFK, return MIA-CAI for a very good 1650 ($2102)...departing next week, QSuites all the way, and no long layovers.

It works open jaw, which is nice. Destinations and dates really vary, generally the return is wide open the further the dates go. BOS and JFK seem to have the best availability, but it changes every day, the fare I booked yesterday is now x4 in price but other days around it became available.

If you can be bothered to position to CAI, it's worth actively keeping an eye on this. Also, I found google flights to be lagging behind live prices in this case. Best searching on QR app.

Thank you OP for alerting me to these fares. For those in the UK, BA generally have good avios pricing to CAI for positioning, but unfortunately in an A320.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 7:36 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+ / Hertz PC / Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
A and P fares. Where best to credit?
wheretocredit.com is your friend.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 9:45 am

If you can be bothered to position to CAI, it's worth actively keeping an eye on this. Also, I found google flights to be lagging behind live prices in this case.
I think quite a few members on this forum including myself tend to hold active ex-CAI tickets that have very flexible dates on them (either RTWs or some of the RJ, QR, TK, SV deals), so always appreciate these posts. I've got one later in the year to terminate in CAI without an exit plan yet... this one is going the wrong direction for me but I'm not worried, something appealing will pop up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.