Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Al Safwa First Lounge in Doha

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2024, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Access to Al Safwa First Lounge in Doha

Status Burgundy, QR award ticket.
QR flight from Europe to DOH will be in business (I-class) and the second connecting QR flight from DOH to MLE will be in first class (A-class).
There is ca. 8,5 hours transit in DOH.
Can I access Al Safwa First Lounge by transit in Doha with a QR award ticket, issued by QR, before the first class flight to MLE?

Last edited by anonimous; May 24, 2024 at 10:49 am
Old May 24, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: Some
Yes, you can. How has an award ticket booked into I and A class, though? Those are revenue buckets.
anonimous likes this.
Old May 24, 2024, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Yes, you can. How has an award ticket booked into I and A class, though? Those are revenue buckets.
Acc. to QR support center, free access to the Al Safwa First Lounge not allowed, because the first leg pn my ticket is in business class and not in first class. However, the lounge will be provided as per the first leg.
Old May 24, 2024, 4:56 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by anonimous
Acc. to QR support center, free access to the Al Safwa First Lounge not allowed, because the first leg pn my ticket is in business class and not in first class. However, the lounge will be provided as per the first leg.
You can choose to believe the utterly useless QR support center or you can choose to believe someone who has flown LHR-DOH-MLE in J then F four times in the last 18 months and is sat on DOH-MLE in F now.
Anish and anonimous like this.
Old May 24, 2024, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
How has an award ticket booked into I and A class, though? Those are revenue buckets.

If you book an award at x2 pricing, it will show (I) class for business sectors, and in this case (A) for the F sector.

Both sectors are still award tickets though so won't earn any points etc.

The OP will be allowed into AS and AM.
Old May 29, 2024, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Thx a lot, very happy that I get free access to Al Safwa First Lounge.

Btw what means this rule from the Al Safwa webpage about free access?

>>Departing and length of flight in First<<

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.