Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Multiple Linked Aeropan Credit Cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Multiple Linked Aeropan Credit Cards?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2024, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Multiple Linked Aeropan Credit Cards?

Apologies if this belongs in an existing thread, but I could only locate the master threads for each bank (TD, CIBC, Amex) and not a general master thread for Aeroplan branded credit cards.

Currently, I'm a secondary cardholder on my mom's TD Visa Infinite Aeroplan card, and I've linked it to my Aeroplan account.

Today I applied and was approved for the Amex Aeroplan Reserve Aeroplan card, and I entered my Aeroplan number in the application form. When I got my approval e-mail from Amex, I also received an e-mail from Aeroplan confirming that my "American Express credit card and Aeroplan account are now linked".

But when I go into my Aeroplan dashboard, I only see the TD card linked. I also see no way to delink it.

I called Aeroplan to ask if (1) they can see my Amex card linked ("yes"), (2) why it doesn't appear as a linked card in my dashboard ("maybe a delay, but not sure"), (3) whether having the TD secondary card linked will create problems in terms of ensuring my spend on the new Amex card will record correctly for this promo ("also not sure"), and (4) whether the TD card can be delinked. For the last question, the Aeroplan agent tried a bunch of things with and put me on hold for an hour while he spoke to a supervisor, none of which resulted in a satisfactory resolution. Apparently they need to escalate this to the back office.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had an experience with multiple Aeroplan credit cards linked to the same Aeroplan account, and / or with unlinking one of those cards. Thank you!
Old May 13, 2024, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Up until Saturday, I had 3 cards linked. Only 2 showed up on AC's site.

But points were flowing from all 3 to my Aeroplan account.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Apologies if this belongs in an existing thread, but I could only locate the master threads for each bank (TD, CIBC, Amex) and not a general master thread for Aeroplan branded credit cards.

Currently, I'm a secondary cardholder on my mom's TD Visa Infinite Aeroplan card, and I've linked it to my Aeroplan account.

Today I applied and was approved for the Amex Aeroplan Reserve Aeroplan card, and I entered my Aeroplan number in the application form. When I got my approval e-mail from Amex, I also received an e-mail from Aeroplan confirming that my "American Express credit card and Aeroplan account are now linked".

But when I go into my Aeroplan dashboard, I only see the TD card linked. I also see no way to delink it.

I called Aeroplan to ask if (1) they can see my Amex card linked ("yes"), (2) why it doesn't appear as a linked card in my dashboard ("maybe a delay, but not sure"), (3) whether having the TD secondary card linked will create problems in terms of ensuring my spend on the new Amex card will record correctly for this promo ("also not sure"), and (4) whether the TD card can be delinked. For the last question, the Aeroplan agent tried a bunch of things with and put me on hold for an hour while he spoke to a supervisor, none of which resulted in a satisfactory resolution. Apparently they need to escalate this to the back office.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had an experience with multiple Aeroplan credit cards linked to the same Aeroplan account, and / or with unlinking one of those cards. Thank you!
I was in a similar postion to you approx. 6 months ago. I received the same e mail as you linking the new card when approved. When I go into my profile now it shows both cards linked, with the AMEX as the primary card. I had no issues with the AMEX items posting to my account. But I admit I didin't pay much attention at the time, so I don't know how long this took to show on-line. If this just happened, I would give it a few days to see what shows under your profile. And like most things AC monitor it closely!
PS - I am a little jealous of this promo as the SQM is a nice bonus!
capedreamer likes this.

Last edited by Wigg; May 13, 2024 at 11:32 am Reason: typos
Old May 13, 2024, 11:30 am

I don't even see in my Aeroplan dashboard which cards I have linked.

I have both of those cards (as do many others on this forum). The spends are tracked by card, and points/bonuses deposited to your Aeroplan account by TD or Amex at the end of statement or when they deem you have earned the bonus. You should have no problems with multiple cards.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:01 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Mine didn't show up as linked until a d
few days later
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, canadiancow, Wigg, vancouver25k, and Jumper Jack. Very helpful!

In this case, I'll leave both cards linked.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:22 pm

If you hover over your card on the dashboard, credit cards pop up.

I cancelled the Amex on Saturday, and I've had the Chase since it launched, and it's never shown up.

Old May 13, 2024, 12:49 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow

I cancelled the Amex on Saturday, and I've had the Chase since it launched, and it's never shown up.

I cant seem to trigger this, what was the exact action that is needed?
Old May 13, 2024, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
On the web, hover your cursor over your Aeroplan card and the credit cards pop up in the background. You may have to be on/in your profile/dashboard for this to occur.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Originally Posted by Wigg
On the web, hover your cursor over your Aeroplan card and the credit cards pop up in the background. You may have to be on/in your profile/dashboard for this to occur.
You can also navigate to your linked card page by going into your Aeroplan dashboard, clicking the points balance in the top right corner (which should open a drop-down), and clicking 'Linked cards').
Wigg and canadiancow like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 1:26 pm

You can also navigate to your linked card page by going into your Aeroplan dashboard, clicking the points balance in the top right corner (which should open a drop-down), and clicking 'Linked cards').
Hah I didn't even know that existed.

That lists "all 3" of mine (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the one I just cancelled), including the Chase that is missing from the screenshot I posted.

I'd post another screenshot but FT seems to be angry with me right now.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow

I've never noticed that before!
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
2/3 show up. Weirdly the one I have the longest (TD Mid tier card) is the one that doesn't but my Chase and Aeroplan Reserve Amex do.
Old May 14, 2024, 5:42 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Thanks for sharing this. I incorrectly just clicked on my Aeroplan Card itself during this process and it actually brought up the same screen as you described.

CC
Old May 14, 2024, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Update: The new Amex Reserve card is now showing up:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.