Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA lounge access for UA purchased upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2024, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Greetings,
I have a UA award ticket from the USA to Brunei on a combination of UA & SQ with an option to purchase a first class upgrade on the UA domestic segment, SEA > LAX. It doesn't mention as an upgrade benefit, but would I get lounge access in SEA & LAX if I purchased the upgrade? 4+ hour layover in LAX so it would be nice.

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2024, 3:59 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by povertyjetset
Greetings,
I have a UA award ticket from the USA to Brunei on a combination of UA & SQ with an option to purchase a first class upgrade on the UA domestic segment, SEA > LAX. It doesn't mention as an upgrade benefit, but would I get lounge access in SEA & LAX if I purchased the upgrade? 4+ hour layover in LAX so it would be nice.

Cheers.
SEA-LAX in domestic first class won't give you access. If you are on SQ out of LAX and Gold or higher in a program other than UA you will have United Club Access at SEA and LAX. Gold on UA will get you access at LAX. The one-time pass purchase fee is likely to be less than your upgrade, though.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 4:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Domestic First is not eligible for lounge / club access. You can purchase access at the door or perhaps as a part of you ticket
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
You will get premium bag allowance for the entire trip, but no lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.