Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Basic Economy Lounge Access for Canadian bound flight for

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2024, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold

I am seeing conflicting information whether I can get lounge access for an basic economy ticket on DL with my ITA Skyteam Elite Plus status.

Since Canada is considered "international, I am not 100% sure if I can access the lounge
Old May 11, 2024, 5:34 pm

BE no longer provides lounge access regardless of status.
Old May 11, 2024, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
BE no longer provides lounge access regardless of status.
However user has STE+ from another (Non-DL) program, they might. I believe the rules for BE cover just DL elites/AMEX holders. It's all part of needing a PhD to decode access allowance.
ohhleary likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
However user has STE+ from another (Non-DL) program, they might. I believe the rules for BE cover just DL elites/AMEX holders. It's all part of needing a PhD to decode access allowance.
Another twist is Centurion still allows BE with an eligible Amex card.
Old May 11, 2024, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rules on DL website appears to say no Sky Club entry for non-DL STE+ on international BE/Light fares effective Jan 1st. My interpretation is the "any cabin" language only applies to flights that were prior to Jan 1st. You can't really put much stock in Skyteam website as there is some clearly out-of-date info on it. But I think someone reported having success on an international BE fare, so YMMV. The "international" definition only excludes flights to/from Caribbean and flights between US states and territories.

Last edited by xliioper; May 11, 2024 at 7:50 pm
Old May 11, 2024, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
The rules on DL website appears to say no Sky Club entry for non-DL STE+ on international BE/Light fares effective Jan 1st. My interpretation is the "any cabin" language only applies to flights that were prior to Jan 1st. You can't really put much stock in Skyteam website as there is some clearly out-of-date info on it. But I think someone reported having success on an international BE fare, so YMMV. The "international" definition only excludes flights to/from Caribbean and flights between US states and territories.

This is the confusing part - the wording is in fact diametrically opposed to each other... Your interpretation would make sense but I wasn't able to get a official yes or no from DL.
Old May 12, 2024, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
This is the confusing part - the wording is in fact diametrically opposed to each other... Your interpretation would make sense but I wasn't able to get a official yes or no from DL.
This is common problem. Official policy says one thing, web page designers write something slightly different, and agents are told something yet slightly different from both those (if anything at all).
Old May 12, 2024, 4:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
In short: not guaranteed to have access, but worth scanning your boarding pass to see (assuming that your status is with an airline that's not DL).

​​​​​​
tobiashenry likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.