Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO - ZRH - GOT: Customs and Passport Controls?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards

Noob question here, as I almost never go through Switzerland just to connect. But coming from the US and switching planes in Zurich before going on to Gothenburg, Sweden, what are procedures? Since both Switzerland and Sweden are part of Schengen, does this mean you only have passport control in Switzerland? Do you have to show it again in Sweden? Where do you declare customs, and do you have to pick up luggage and drop off again, the way you do when entering the US and going onto a US internal destination?

Appreciate any advice!
Old May 2, 2024, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Passport control in ZRH (not ZUR), customs in GOT. No need to do anything with your bags in ZRH or to show your passport in GOT unless stopped by customs. Just follow the signs in ZRH and you'll be fine.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 2:30 pm

You will clear immigration in ZRH and customs in GOT. Assuming on same ticket, bags will be checked to final destination.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
Thank you both, and sorry for the typo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.