Original Poster

Crowne Plaza Plymouth

Crowne Plaza Plymouth

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Crowne Plaza Plymouth

Armada Way Plymouth, United Kingdon GB PL1 2HJ

Crowne Plaza Plymouth (0 Photo)

Crowne Plaza Plymouth

I have spent rather too much of 2023 as this hotel and got to know it quite well

Check In

Front desk staff during the day are super friendly, always recognise status and generally very helpful.  The night staff are somewhat less friendly but still get the job done. 

Room

All rooms are huge by UK standards, and spacious even for the US.  Apart from the bathrooms which are tiny - they have an over bath shower which requires some agility.  The exception are the Premium category rooms where the bath has been removed and replaced - thank god - with a walk in shower.  Beds are pretty decent, there is AC and opening windows.  

Service

I'm a low maintenence traveller but have no issues - simple things like getting an morning espresso at the ground floor bar happen quickly and without fuss.

Dining

Breakfast.  It is on the top floor, with stunning views.  It's heavy on carbs and the requsitie bits for a full English breakfast but distinctly sparse on healthy eating options.  There are also a handful of a la carte options which i never bothered with.  2 coffee machines, pretty meh. 

Dinner.  Is in the same space, but morphs into a Marco Pierre White steakhouse. expensive and meh, there are plenty of nicer options in town.

Lounge.  Have only been in a couple of times but seems solely used for evening drinks.  Not worth paying for unless you want to get very drunk on cheap lager.

15 minutes from the railway station, 2 minutes walk to the Hoe with amazing sea views and 10mins to the Barbican old town area and the Mayflower steps.  It's really a good place to be

Overall

There is nothing wrong with the place.  It's not especially likeable but does the job.  It can get wildly expensive (£250+ during summer) which is a function of regular tour group business and a lack of compeition.  A recent opened Moxy will hopefully help with that. 

Crowne Plaza Plymouth

Would you like to write a review on the Crowne Plaza Plymouth?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:13 am

Plymouth has always seemed to me to be devoid of good hotels. Over the years I’ve stayed in a number of them and been singularly unimpressed. Don’t understand why, it’s a big city and a tourist place too.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Plymouth has always seemed to me to be devoid of good hotels. Over the years I’ve stayed in a number of them and been singularly unimpressed. Don’t understand why, it’s a big city and a tourist place too.
Very true. The Moxy is new, smart and I do like the brand, but there really isn't anything over 3* in the city centre. Boringdon Hall is a good option if you have a car, but can be seriously expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.