Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-CPT then MCO-LGW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, SPG Platinum, Leaders Club, BA Gold, Virgin Gold
LHR-CPT then MCO-LGW

Wondering if anyone has some advice as the best way to book LHR to CPT and then MCO (Orlando) to LGW, while avoiding rather scandalous one-way fares.

I'm travelling from Cape Town to Orlando on friend's plane hence the weird routing.

In terms of fare codes, it's worth noting that for the dates I'm looking at I can see 'C8' for LHR to CPT and 'R9' from MCO to LGW.

Many thanks in advance and hope there is a creative and economical way of doing this as multi-city on the website just tells me that there are no flights available, which I know isn't the case, but might be to do with the routing!

Thanks again.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DannyPR
Wondering if anyone has some advice as the best way to book LHR to CPT and then MCO (Orlando) to LGW, while avoiding rather scandalous one-way fares.

I'm travelling from Cape Town to Orlando on friend's plane hence the weird routing.

In terms of fare codes, it's worth noting that for the dates I'm looking at I can see 'C8' for LHR to CPT and 'R9' from MCO to LGW.

Many thanks in advance and hope there is a creative and economical way of doing this as multi-city on the website just tells me that there are no flights available, which I know isn't the case, but might be to do with the routing!

Thanks again.
Are redemptions with Avios available?
Old Dec 1, 2022, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, SPG Platinum, Leaders Club, BA Gold, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
Are redemptions with Avios available?
Yes, but its a business trip and I didnt want to use my avios for that as my company will only reimburse me for the cost paid for the ticket. If I buy on avios they will only reimburse the taxes.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Yes, but its a business trip and I didnt want to use my avios for that as my company will only reimburse me for the cost paid for the ticket. If I buy on avios they will only reimburse the taxes.
Will your company reimburse you for purchasing the requisite Avios (and/or AAdvantage miles) if you can document that doing so will result in a lower total cost than cash tickets?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.

Thanks again.
Try the ITA matrix and set Alliance to OneWorld, i often find this way better than BA multi trip options on the BA site. Then you can prpvide the details and fare codes to BA etc to match.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also the old trick of desired class combined with cheapest possible economy to make 2 return tickets
LeeT likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
What's the minimum amount of Avios you could redeem? There can be some quite expensive redemptions (in cash terms) that hardly use any Avios, but which are still good value compared to a cash fare.

You could also do a random weekend in Prague or Budapest, then stop over in London, and fly the LHR-CPT a week or eight later - for about 60% less than a one-way LHR-CPT. Surprisingly, MCO-LON isn't too bad in one-way business, although there's no real trick to this.

Otherwise, the problem is that MCO and CPT are further from each other, than they are from London. You can get it to ticket but it involves a change in JNB and flying MCO-LGW-LON on Aer Lingus prime flight numbers, and it's more than the PRG route above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.