Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DUB>LON>BOS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

DUB>LON>BOS

We are flying to Boston on Tuesday in to LCY and out of LHR (BA having cancelled our original flight into LHR) on Tuesday next week.

The 11:05 to LCY isn't showing on BA's website to buy tickets, I assume because there are so many people wanting seats from other cancelled flights that there are no seats available. Expertflyer is showing a seat map for the flight.

The EI forum is full of cancellations to London and having already had our flight pushed back once I want to be prepared to fight our corner if we have problems at DUB.

If our flight to LON is cancelled, can we ask BA to rebook us onto either one of the direct EI flights to Boston instead?

Or, am I just being a bit twitchy?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BrunswickSq
We are flying to Boston on Tuesday in to LCY and out of LHR (BA having cancelled our original flight into LHR) on Tuesday next week.

The 11:05 to LCY isn't showing on BA's website to buy tickets, I assume because there are so many people wanting seats from other cancelled flights that there are no seats available. Expertflyer is showing a seat map for the flight.

The EI forum is full of cancellations to London and having already had our flight pushed back once I want to be prepared to fight our corner if we have problems at DUB.

If our flight to LON is cancelled, can we ask BA to rebook us onto either one of the direct EI flights to Boston instead?

Or, am I just being a bit twitchy?
If your booking is all one pnr,then BA will get you onto another boston flight
EU rules mean you can insist they book you on any carrier not just BA,so you can ask BA to rebook you on an EI Dub Bos I'd imagine or on AA indirect or any of the U.S carriers or even on air canada
BrunswickSq likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

It is, thank you.
Earthman likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:32 pm

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...d_flights.html

In the hopefully unlikely event that the lcy connection is cancelled and you are arguing your case at the desk,show them that to insist that they fly you on ANY carrier direct from Dub to Bos if thats what you want
rather than be told the next day via lhr or something
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Earthman
If your booking is all one pnr,then BA will get you onto another boston flight
EU rules mean you can insist they book you on any carrier not just BA,so you can ask BA to rebook you on an EI Dub Bos I'd imagine or on AA indirect or any of the U.S carriers or even on air canada
You can demand rebooking but can’t insist on a specific airline - always remember it could come down to a judge’s interpretation of whether you and the airline acted ‘reasonably’ and there is some acceptance on the original airline being allowed to choose the new routing. But the good news in this case is that if EI has space and is accepting customers, BA will happily rebook onto their flight, assuming the original itinerary was on one ticket.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Yes they can. The information here is from this website: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mer-guidelines

Since you're on a 'joint business routing' from DUB to BOS, the standard customer guidelines allow you to be rebooked onto an AY/AA/EI flight and therefore this includes the direct flight from DUB to BOS. However, this is dependent on the DUB-LCY being cancelled as you have accepted that flight (if not, then you're free to call up and rebook). I don't see too many undue disasters happening. LCY is fairly reliable given the general jist of things at the moment, and since you're on a morning flights there shouldn't be (m)any rotational delays.
Earthman likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your thoughts on this.

the BA website says 3.5 hours connection between City and Heathrow, so I have 50 minutes spare for delays.

Presumably if the Dublin>London flight is 50+ Minutes delayed I can ask to be moved to a different flight as I “won’t” make my London to Boston flight.

The issue is if the delay becomes known after I have boarded, but I am fairly confident that City is OK.

My only disappointment is that there isn’t an obvious link to the Elizabeth Line for transiting London.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

This may help

LCY-LHR connection, 175 minutes - possible?

2 approaches to get from LCY to the Elizabeth line

ie via Poplar or Woolwich arsenal

It took about 1hr 15 mins from leaving LCY bag reclaim to T5 ( you do need to drop bags off at LHR 60mins for long haul and go through security at t-35 at the latest)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 2, 2022 at 2:43 am
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat

the BA website says 3.5 hours connection between City and Heathrow, so I have 50 minutes spare for delays.

Presumably if the Dublin>London flight is 50+ Minutes delayed I can ask to be moved to a different flight as I “won’t” make my London to Boston flight.

The issue is if the delay becomes known after I have boarded, but I am fairly confident that City is OK.

My only disappointment is that there isn’t an obvious link to the Elizabeth Line for transiting London.
The journey time LCY to LHR T5 is about 1:10 now via the Elizabeth Line and DLR. Consult tfl.gov.uk for specific details.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:41 am

you can ask in that instance
But if there's an afternoon flight from Dub to the States or Boston,you can ask for that
Bonus is you'll do US pre clearance immigration at DUB,stepping off the plane in the states as if it were domestic
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Earthman
you can ask in that instance
But if there's an afternoon flight from Dub to the States or Boston,you can ask for that
Bonus is you'll do US pre clearance immigration at DUB,stepping off the plane in the states as if it were domestic
Be careful to be booked on the AA or BA codes though since IE codes do not earn tier points and far fewer Avios. EI are, despite promises, still not a OW member.
Earthman likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
OP not sure how many of you are travelling - but AA have options via PHL or ORD which I would take in a heartbeat versus a schlep across London..... Good luck
Earthman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.