Search

AmEx Kabbage Checking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AmEx Kabbage Checking

Now AmEx Kabbage checking is available. Just wonder if there is any value for MS purpose. It is managed by Green Dot Bank.

Right now it is for business checking. It offers some interest for cash balance. Not bad for a free business checking that pays some interest.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by RedSun
Now AmEx Kabbage checking is available. Just wonder if there is any value for MS purpose. It is managed by Green Dot Bank.

Right now it is for business checking. It offers some interest for cash balance. Not bad for a free business checking that pays some interest.
$4.95 fee for cash deposits up to $5000/day. Did not see any sites where cash deposits could be fee free.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by radonc1
$4.95 fee for cash deposits up to $5000/day. Did not see any sites where cash deposits could be fee free.
Of course this account is not for deposit cash. But if you need a free biz checking to deposit a few checks a month, then it is a great deal.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by RedSun
Of course this account is not for deposit cash. But if you need a free biz checking to deposit a few checks a month, then it is a great deal.
But it could be a great MSing account if one could find a place to deposit VGCs for free.

It might still be good if one is charged $4.95 for a deposit of a $1000 VGC. I think that a 0.8% cost for moving VGC money into an actual checking account might be doable, especially if one could do the deposits from home.

I suspect that they are going to scrutinize your business somewhat carefully before giving you an account and if I read the fine print, which I have not, there are restrictions on the above behavior
Old Jul 22, 2021, 12:26 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have an AMEX PLAT BUSINESS card. I received an email to "join" KABBAGE, $300 after 5 debit purchases, 1.10% interest for balances up to $100,000. I went through the application process, but was REJECTED Any idea of why?
PS: I've been with AMEX since 1968.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
...REJECTED Any idea of why?
Did you apply for a verifiable real business?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:38 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Did you apply for a verifiable real business?
NO, I do computer consulting on a "small" scale.
But AMERICAN EXPRESS sent me the offer to apply, I didn't seek them out.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by nrr
I have an AMEX PLAT BUSINESS card. I received an email to "join" KABBAGE, $300 after 5 debit purchases, 1.10% interest for balances up to $100,000. I went through the application process, but was REJECTED Any idea of why?
Seriously no idea. You have not given out any information at all. We can't possibly guess when we know literally NOTHING.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:20 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garykung
Seriously no idea. You have not given out any information at all. We can't possibly guess when we know literally NOTHING.
I went through all the steps in the application process, my "business address" was my home address. The application process asked for the "usual" info: ssn, dob, how long I was in "business" etc. At the end I was rejected. In parallel with the application I was logged into my AMEX acct. So all info I gave was easily verifiable by AMEX. At the end the message was "your company does not qualify..." I don't know what else I can add.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by nrr
I got the same email, and I don’t have any Amex Business card (and never did). I assume they can’t see from my credit report that I have a Chase business card?

In any case, I wasn’t planning to apply for it anyway.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by nrr
At the end the message was "your company does not qualify..." I don't know what else I can add.
My guess is on the business itself.

I still remember years ago, when I opened my business checking, it was such a big deal for the bank. The bank has requested this and that.

IIRC - your business should be a Schedule C business. For some banks, that may give them the hesitation.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 4:07 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garykung
My guess is on the business itself.

I still remember years ago, when I opened my business checking, it was such a big deal for the bank. The bank has requested this and that.

IIRC - your business should be a Schedule C business. For some banks, that may give them the hesitation.
When AMEX issued my BUSINESS PLAT card, many years ago, I'm 100.1% sure that it was based totally on my personal credit history, since my "company" had NO credit history.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
When AMEX issued my BUSINESS PLAT card, many years ago, I'm 100.1% sure that it was based totally on my personal credit history, since my "company" had NO credit history.
So? Beside - just for personal only, checking accounts rely on another set of credit report anyway.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
When AMEX issued my BUSINESS PLAT card, many years ago, I'm 100.1% sure that it was based totally on my personal credit history, ....
Correct. "Business" credit cards are issued to individuals, not to companies. The criteria to qualify for a Kabbage account are apparently different than the criteria to qualify for a credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.