Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA JAL: NYC/HAN; CGK $2,400 into R

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Japan Airlines and American have a nice sales on Business class (book into R) from New York to Hanoi or Jakarta for $2,400. One stop flights on JAL will result the Airport change in Tokyo from NRT to HND. On AA, the transfer can be via Seoul, Hongkong or Tokyo. The transfer in Tokyo can be in NRT without changing airport. Available all year until end of calendar (very limited in July and December). With AA you can only book into Jan 2022, with JAL the booking can be until March 2022. Google flight doesnt provide lot of connecting options. Searching directly on AA would give more choices.

Google flights: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...gBEAAYAA&gl=us
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:48 am

Nice find

Originally Posted by A13743
Japan Airlines and American have a nice sales on Business class (book into R) from New York to Hanoi or Jakarta for $2,400. One stop flights on JAL will result the Airport change in Tokyo from NRT to HND. On AA, the transfer can be via Seoul, Hongkong or Tokyo.
Transfers via HKG will result in CX from HKG to HAN or Jakarta. HKG-HAN is definitely flown by regional aircrafts fitted with non-flat lying biz seats. Not sure about HKG to Jakarta.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Transfers via HKG will result in CX from HKG to HAN or Jakarta. HKG-HAN is definitely flown by regional aircrafts fitted with non-flat lying biz seats. Not sure about HKG to Jakarta.
You may get the 333 with flat seat configuration on both routes.

U!
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
HKG-HAN is 526 miles or less than a ORD-DCA.
Pre-Covid I was never a fan of the NRT-HND shuffle now you risk closed borders so would HIGHLY advise against airport changes...
ijgordon, cesco.g and HarbourGent like this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT GB, UA GOLD, MARRIOTT GOLD, HILTON GOLD, IHG PLT
OK Plane For Short Flight

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Flew that routing shortly before Covid and it was serviced by a recently delivered A321. Lounger seats similar to US Domestic first.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Can you also post the EQM/EQD/RDM information here. That will be helpful.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 7:36 am

currently 359 is used for HKGCGK route, but who knows when covid ends (or going to end)...
Old Mar 10, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
When I flew HKG-CGK on CX in Jan 2020, it was a 330.
In the future, who knows?
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
There is no point to guessing the equipment CX will use on regional flights--it will either be a recliner seat with more pitch than US domestic F or same lieflat seat found on their longhaul aircraft. They used to be notorious for swapping aircraft around multiple times (maybe not quite as notorious as TG), but the frequency of aircraft swaps seems to have gone down in recent years as the share of aircraft with recliner seats has gone down.

While the lieflat seat on the 2-4 hour regional hop is nice to have, IME the recliner has been more than adequate.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
JAL is just evil for AA earnings with some of their fares, only 14% EQDs and 70% RDMs on an I Business Class fare such as this one...

Google Flights

Yes, these have change of airport and 13 hours on the outbound and 4:25 on the return... Who knows what entry requirements will look like in November...
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
For CGK with JAL

Google Flights
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
JAL is just evil for AA earnings with some of their fares, only 14% EQDs and 70% RDMs on an I Business Class fare such as this one...

Google Flights

Yes, these have change of airport and 13 hours on the outbound and 4:25 on the return... Who knows what entry requirements will look like in November...
JL will swtich I and X class accumulate rate from Nov 1. 2021. Let's wait and see AA's further adjustment.

Last edited by csardas; Mar 11, 2021 at 6:11 am Reason: Date correction
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Here are the rules if you are looking at building a more creative routing:

Transfer Rules:
1 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION.
1 PERMITTED IN CHINA IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - 1 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION.
NONE PERMITTED IN SYD/AKL IN EACH DIRECTION
NONE PERMITTED IN CHINA IN EACH DIRECTION
IN AREA 3 IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - 3 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION ON AA
ONLY IN BOS/CHI/CLT/DFW/LAX/MIA/NYC/PHL/PHX/SAN/
SFO/WAS/YVR IN EACH DIRECTION
FARE BREAK AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS NOT
PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.
2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION.
NONE PERMITTED IN SYD/AKL IN EACH DIRECTION
NONE PERMITTED IN CHINA IN EACH DIRECTION
IN AREA 3 IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - 3 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION
FARE BREAK AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS NOT
PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.
And the Routing Rules:
Spoiler

Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
This fare has been around for a good bit.

Ive gotten something stupid like JFK - LAX - MIA - LAX - NRT - HKG - CGK once when I was bored
Old Mar 14, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
What about earning on AS?

I have found these bookable on AA or JL, both who are AS partners. Seems like it would be a bit difficult to get them to credit to AS MP based on the fact that you have mixed metal. I found a few where the first leg is AS from EWR-LAX. I didn't know if that would make it better or worse. I feel like it would be easier to wait until 3.31 when AS joins oneworld to see how the dust settles. Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.