Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questionnaire on upcoming flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Angry Questionnaire on upcoming flight

Has anyone got the questionnaire from delta about future flights , I’m going msp-phx tomorrow and they wanted to know why I’m going? They are asking is it work , pleasure, a second home etc? Is this just Delta, or is it the state, feds, or CDC?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arizona currently has no travel restrictions, but Minnesota does and it could be related to that. Is there any fine print text in the questionnaire?

Emergency Executive Order 20-99
e. Travel advisory. Persons arriving in Minnesota from other states or countries, including returning Minnesota residents, are strongly encouraged to practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival by limiting their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who must cross state or country borders for work, study, medical care, or personal safety and security.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Even for those who aren't exempt, it's just a recommendation.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I probably wouldn't respond to it personally. None of their business.
hockeystl and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Likely being used to gather better data as to why a stimulus should provide funds to air carriers. E.g., it's a lot better to be able to say that a statistical sampling of travelers suggests that 95% are traveling of essential business than, for instance, to buy illegal drugs.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Business travel suggests price inelastic demand. Could revenue management use the data to determine on which routes to increase fares?

BTW, Marriott likes to ask the business versus leisure travel question. It's none of their business.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL DM
Out of all of my travels since Covid began, I have only received one questionnaire like that. It was back in late August on a one-way from MIA-MSP-ANC. It basically asked if I was traveling for business, leisure, second home, family reasons, etc. I have been traveling monthly since Covid through various states (some with restrictions, others without) and this was the only trip I received a questionnaire on. It was only ticketed within 48 hours of departure, whereas the others were at least a week in advance or more. I chalked it up to just random datapoint gathering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.