Wiki Posts
Search

March Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
March Cancellations

Lots of talk on here (across threads) and on TPG UK Facebook group of cancellations in March 2021.

What is going on? seems a bit early to be cancelling flights that far out.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
With the retirement of the 747s they know they'll have a smaller fleet, so something will have to give.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:27 pm

Sometimes I really think BA can’t win. If they didn’t cancel them before a month or so out, there would be whingeing on this very forum along the lines of ‘the scheming .......s sold me a ticket for a flight they knew they wouldn’t be able to operate because they got rid of half their fleet!’
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Lots of talk on here (across threads) and on TPG UK Facebook group of cancellations in March 2021.

What is going on? seems a bit early to be cancelling flights that far out.
Those are not final cancellations - not even the October ones are - but as mentioned, with reduced fleet (and staff), there is a first batch of cancellations of flights which they just already know will absolutely certainly not run. It does not mean that the others will absolutely certainly run, but those are gone for sure, and there would be no point in leaving them on the schedules if you know that you'll need to disappoint and reaccommodate passengers who may book them.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
The winter 2020-2021 schedule is currently being altered/adjusted etc and that runs until towards the end of March 2021 so it makes sense that there will be cancellations then.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: BA & THY Gold
Originally Posted by Mordac
With the retirement of the 747s they know they'll have a smaller fleet, so something will have to give.
Agreed, I just had my Christmas flight in F to San Diego (747/T3) can cancelled today

This also signals they don't expect changes to the Points of Entry in the USA until post inauguration of the new or re-elected POTUS.

Shame I like San Diego as a point of entry much less stressful than LAX and the direct flight is easier when traveling with a 94 y/o mother in a wheel chair.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Wow I am glad to hear your mother still travels long haul at 94 - good for her however I wouldn’t let her anywhere near the US at her age, so surely it’s best they’ve cancelled
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I doubt that the US will expand POE's until restrictions on entry from Europe and Asia are significantly reduced. There is no pressure from air carriers or the market (other than, of course, local businesses) to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.