Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

BKK Lounges

Hello, can anyone tell me if a J cash ticket would give access to the Qatar lounge at BKK?
If not, are there any lounges at that airport that serve halal food which would grant entry to a J ticketed passenger?
This isn't for anytime soon, so current closures aren't relevant.

Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
It depends are you flying out of BKK on BA10?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Technically a J cash ticket for BA gives you access to Qatar, Cathay and JAL lounges.

However the only of those open in the run up to the BA flight is Cathay. Don't believe there is a Halal menu / option there, but TBH wasn't looking for one.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch
It depends are you flying out of BKK on BA10?
It would be the BA flight yes.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Good info in the main lounge thread

BA Lounge Database | Far East

Specifically here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19779353-post8.html
Aston100 and Yreal like this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 3:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
And right now only lounge opened is Miracle (and it was indeed miraculously bad....)
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:07 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
And right now only lounge opened is Miracle (and it was indeed miraculously bad....)
Pre-COVID, Miracle Lounge on Concourse D had the halal food corner (it was a bit hidden on the right hand side and not in the main dining area that is located on the left hand side).
Aston100 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:43 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
It's still good compared to a lot of European lounges!
mrow likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 12:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
It's still good compared to a lot of European lounges!
Maybe you guys were in a different miracle - i think D is closed now. Just the one near F is opened and it has perhaps 20 seats, lacking aircon, and abysmal food. Really disappointing...
Old Jul 9, 2020, 1:03 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Maybe you guys were in a different miracle - i think D is closed now. Just the one near F is opened and it has perhaps 20 seats, lacking aircon, and abysmal food. Really disappointing...
That one is indeed miraculously bad - I've been once flying AY and I left as quickly as I entered, and went back to trusty old JAL (CX had closed by then).

For the OP, for the timing of BA10, CX is the lounge open (if it is indeed open at all these days).
Aston100 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Aston100
Hello, can anyone tell me if a J cash ticket would give access to the Qatar lounge at BKK?
If not, are there any lounges at that airport that serve halal food which would grant entry to a J ticketed passenger?
This isn't for anytime soon, so current closures aren't relevant.

Thanks.
if I remember correctly the Qatar Lounge in Bangkok is a Premium Lounge, meaning only Customers travelling on Qatar in Business or FIRST can access it, similar to their Business and First Lounge in Doha, and is not open for status Customers. This could be the reason why the QR lounge is not listed on the Oneworld Lounge finder.

When I have travelled on BA10 I used the CX lounge which was rather nice. The JL lounge is ok but nothing special
cant really comment on the Halal options I am afraid
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:39 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flier74
if I remember correctly the Qatar Lounge in Bangkok is a Premium Lounge, meaning only Customers travelling on Qatar in Business or FIRST can access it, similar to their Business and First Lounge in Doha, and is not open for status Customers. This could be the reason why the QR lounge is not listed on the Oneworld Lounge finder.
It is a Premium Lounge, but they allow pax on other J/F tickets too. I was admitted on CX J ticket.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
It is a Premium Lounge, but they allow pax on other J/F tickets too. I was admitted on CX J ticket.
great good to know, hopefully they are open in the morning then for the OP as I am not sure if QR has morning/ midday departures out of BKK
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:31 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flier74
great good to know, hopefully they are open in the morning then for the OP as I am not sure if QR has morning/ midday departures out of BKK
Under normal operations it used to close after the morning departures at around 8:30-9am or something like that. Same for the JAL lounge. Hence, why CX is the only oneworld option for the BA10 departure time.

But then again, who knows what the word looks like, even tomorrow..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.