Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading Agency tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Upgrading Agency tickets

My employer requires I use their authorised travel agency to book air tickets, however I believe you can now upgrade travel agency paid tickets with Avios by calling BA.
However, can you force an upgrade by paying double Avios if there are no award seats in the next class up.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
No, that's for standalone reward bookings only, and only for BA Gold.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dermot
My employer requires I use their authorised travel agency to book air tickets, however I believe you can now upgrade travel agency paid tickets with Avios by calling BA.
However, can you force an upgrade by paying double Avios if there are no award seats in the next class up.
I'll defer to wiser heads, but have you ever been able to do that, even with a plain BA booking?

I know there is the Gold Priority Reward, which allows the release of redemption seats for double Avios when none are otherwise available (subject to various conditions such as 30 days notice etc), but I believe that is only for straight redemptions.

The current T&Cs at https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ditions-of-use would seem to suggest so (emphasis mine)

Gold Priority Reward may not be used in conjunction with Avios & Money, [ii] Gold Upgrade for One or Gold Upgrade for Two; or [iii] Avios for Upgrade or [iv] American Express Vouchers.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Never been able to do that - Gold Priority Reward is a straightforward redemption

All well explained in the spending your avios thread

Your guide to spending Avios | 2020 edition
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:49 am

Programs: BA GGL
If you are Gold Guest List, you could do this with a Joker, but not with double avios, no.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I also don't believe that has ever been possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.