Wiki Posts
Search

Check-In Experience

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb Check-In Experience

Hi everyone,
I'm Deborah and I'm writing on behalf of a small group of students. We are doing a research about check-in experience. We are mostly interested in British Airways and Club Members but every opinion is welcome. We created a survey that won't take more than five minutes to be completed. We will appreciate your help, feedbacks and time spent to give us your opinions.
The survey can be found in the attached file (as I'm a new member of the forum I'm not allowed to upload links on the posts yet).
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you for your help, it's really appreciated by the whole team.
Have a nice day.
Attached Files
File Type: pptx
survey link.pptx (44.3 KB, 88 views)
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GGL
The only reason I can imagine for this URL to be in a PowerPoint file is as a vector for some kind of malware.

Here's the link to the actual Google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...?usp=send_form
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by armouredant
The only reason I can imagine for this URL to be in a PowerPoint file is as a vector for some kind of malware.

Here's the link to the actual Google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...?usp=send_form
Thanks, I'd actually assumed it was malware and flagged to a moderator. I viewed the PPTX online, saw the embedded link (forms.gle), googled that and the results indicated it was potentially untrustworthy.

Why they didn't just post the link I've no idea!!
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
PPTX (along with DOCX, XLSX and the other Office XML extensions ending X) are very unlikely to contain malware as their file extension denotes that they are explicitly macro-DISabled so there's no way any embedded payloads can trigger. PPTM/XLSM/DOCM are the ones you want to be super-wary of.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:48 am
Original Poster

I can assure you that it was my intention to upload the URL but as I just joined this forum I wasn't allowed to do so as apparently I have to have posted at least 5 times before doing that. Thanks for checking and sharing the link in the comments. Your help is really appreciated, Deborah
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you for this Joeykins, it doesn't contain any bad stuff for real, it was only the first thing that came up to my mind to allow me to publish our survey.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you armouredant for sharing the link.
I'm not even allowed to quote you with your full answer in the comments because as I'm new it doesn't allow me to post any URL yet.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Sorry everyone for the problems caused, and thanks to everyone who completed the survey. You are helping us a lot with your answers!
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
You will only be allowed a total of 5 posts in your first 24 hours.

I suggest you alert a moderator using the little red triangle by your posts, and ask them to edit your original post to remove the file and insert the URL. (You may wish to supply supporting evidence as to the veracity of your posts/research) The mods can also combine some of your posts to help with the 5 post limit

(You will hopefully understand people are naturally wary of such file attachments, especially from a new member!)
deborah.research likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Which college is this for? What are the students studying and for what sort of qualification? What will you do with the results?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:21 am

I don't know the rules here, but in other forums I frequent these sort of requests must be vetted by moderators. Perhaps it would be wise to do so with this one.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:27 am

My money is on this “group of students” not being so scholastic after all. Labeling themselves as such is just a tactic to get more responses, versus saying “we are a PR team” or something.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by mctaste
My money is on this “group of students” not being so scholastic after all. Labeling themselves as such is just a tactic to get more responses, versus saying “we are a PR team” or something.
They could be college interns and it would still be the truth.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:44 pm
WLX

Originally Posted by mctaste
Reading the questions it looks pretty far away from professional market research.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Wish people doing such research would first research how to do research.
WLX and armouredant like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.