Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ Lounge Access for a Premium Rouge flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I have a Premium Rouge flight to Lima. I know it's not quite a Business Class but it's the highest class available on Rouge.

Does this give access to the AC Lounge? Which one you recommend in YYZ? I'll be landing and departing from T1 but if there is a better lounge I do have about 2:20 min layover. Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Yes you will have lounge access in the Maple Leaf International Lounge in Pearson T1. Just not the Signature Suite.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Great thanks. Any idea what lounge I could use when departing from Lima?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by spartac
Make sure you don’t need to pre-book the lounge. We flew PE on AC back in August. I was told by an agent we could just walk up to the front desk at the YYZ lounge. When we got there, they said we had to pre-book. They wouldn’t make an exception.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bokehman
Make sure you don’t need to pre-book the lounge. We flew PE on AC back in August. I was told by an agent we could just walk up to the front desk at the YYZ lounge. When we got there, they said we had to pre-book. They wouldn’t make an exception.
Thanks for the tip. Does anyone know how to Pre-Book a lounge? Never heard of such a concept
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
No lounge in Lima when I was there

I've never heard of this.

@OP, looks like I was incorrect in my previous post. Check this out: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html

Apparently premium rouge flights to South America must purchase lounge access. Weird. Sorry for the mistake on my part.

If it makes you feel better, you're not missing much: a mediocre lounge at best, with crap food.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 42000ft

@OP, looks like I was incorrect in my previous post. Check this out: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html

Apparently premium rouge flights to South America must purchase lounge access. Weird. Sorry for the mistake on my part.

If it makes you feel better, you're not missing much: a mediocre lounge at best, with crap food.
Thanks for the catch. I'll just use a Priority Lounge then. Probably just as bad
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:08 am

Perhaps, but those tables with the electronic displays in T1 are truly ridiculous. They take up way too much space, leaving little room to navigate or stow your bags. What’s wrong with a simple chair?
42000ft likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!

Premium rouge as far as I know comes in 2 classes - Premium Economy for Intl and Business Class for NA and Caribbean destinations.

As a seasonal regular on ACr, YYZ/EDI, pre-booking is offered at the time of booking on-line (or at least it was using the system prior to 18 Nov!) or call Air Canada reservations in advance to do this.

BTW having booked lounge access on-line at the time of booking a YYZ/EDI flight last June along with other sectors, some of the other sectors had been subject to service changes related to the non availability of the MAX. The MLL 'booking' did not auto transfer over to the changes made. In the end quickly sorted in the MLL by a friendly agent!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by edinv
Premium rouge as far as I know comes in 2 classes - Premium Economy for Intl and Business Class for NA and Caribbean destinations.

As a seasonal regular on ACr, YYZ/EDI, pre-booking is offered at the time of booking on-line (or at least it was using the system prior to 18 Nov!) or call Air Canada reservations in advance to do this.

BTW having booked lounge access on-line at the time of booking a YYZ/EDI flight last June along with other sectors, some of the other sectors had been subject to service changes related to the non availability of the MAX. The MLL 'booking' did not auto transfer over to the changes made. In the end quickly sorted in the MLL by a friendly agent!
For our YYZ-DUB flight last August, I did get a notification in the AC app to book the lounge. I tried, and got an error. That’s when I called an agent, who told me I didn’t need to pre-book, and could just purchase at the lounge. The girl at the desk told us they don’t take walk-ups, as they can’t anticipate how much food to order.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
The girl at the desk told us they don’t take walk-ups, as they can’t anticipate how much food to order.
of all the potential reasons, this one is laughable

defrosted foodsevice campbells soup and nachos are bought by the pallet or trukload.
42000ft and Barrheadlass like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Thanks for the catch. I'll just use a Priority Lounge then. Probably just as bad
El Salon by Newrest is probably your best bet. Believe it's a newish lounge, and they make a very decent pisco sour.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by edinv

Prebooking a lounge when every *G and their dog can just walk in???

This sounds like just a cost-cutting strategy to deny access to cash LMUs at the airport.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Having to purchase MLL access in advance from the AC site/app is not a new thing but it does seem odd.

Given the fact that they’ll happily take cash from peole with status who run out of family and first spots for various girlfriends.

And in at least one case they have taken cash for someone flying PY. Which in many routes is the same as PR.

Meanwhile I just enjoyed roast beef and yorkshire pudding at YYZ after a shower. In Terminal 3

But what do I know, I don’t work at the airport.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I know it's been stated, but I want to clarify this since the first reply was 100% wrong.

You do not have complimentary access to any Air Canada or *G lounges with an international premium economy ticket.
Adam Smith and Jebby_ca like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.