Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Connection Toronto

Looking at booking a flight for June for our cruise to Alaska. Looking at a flight that connects through Toronto from Atlanta to Vancouver. Will we have to go through customs or security in Toronto or just in Vancouver. This is the best first class price. Thanks for any help
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dcj34
Looking at booking a flight for June for our cruise to Alaska. Looking at a flight that connects through Toronto from Atlanta to Vancouver. Will we have to go through customs or security in Toronto or just in Vancouver. This is the best first class price. Thanks for any help
You will process immigration & customs at your port on entry into Canada:- Toronto.
Toronto Vancouver is just a domestic flight
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Dcj34
I don't know if you're already aware of this so apologies if you are, but you should note that Toronto-Vancouver flights on a DL ticket are going to be operated by Westjet, which doesn't really offer a traditional first class cabin on this flight. Most of the 737s that operate this flight are just standard seats with slightly more legroom. There's a 767 that occasionally hops on the route, but if you want a true domestic F seat all the way through to Vancouver, you're going to want to route through one of DL's US gateways.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by steveholt
I don't know if you're already aware of this so apologies if you are, but you should note that Toronto-Vancouver flights on a DL ticket are going to be operated by Westjet, which doesn't really offer a traditional first class cabin on this flight. Most of the 737s that operate this flight are just standard seats with slightly more legroom. There's a 767 that occasionally hops on the route, but if you want a true domestic F seat all the way through to Vancouver, you're going to want to route through one of DL's US gateways.
Some WS 737 have standard US style F seats. However most will just have a C+ style cabin. Thus why it's likely cheaper, OP wont be in F the whole way.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:57 pm

DL sometimes offers a nonstop from ATL>YVR. Check the schedules. Air Canada also offers flights from the USA to YVR connecting in YUL, YYZ and YYC.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
DL sometimes offers a nonstop from ATL>YVR. Check the schedules. Air Canada also offers flights from the USA to YVR connecting in YUL, YYZ and YYC.
Theres one daily nonstop between ATL and YVR. The return operates after preclearance is closed and you clear in ATL instead of YVR.

IME, Air Canada F is generally much more than US carriers.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Theres one daily nonstop between ATL and YVR. The return operates after preclearance is closed and you clear in ATL instead of YVR.

IME, Air Canada F is generally much more than US carriers.
AC F is very expensive when originating in Canada but much more competitive when originating in the US.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Some WS 737 have standard US style F seats. However most will just have a C+ style cabin. Thus why it's likely cheaper, OP wont be in F the whole way.
I thought those were only on MAX?

My recommendation would be to connect within the states.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
AC F is very expensive when originating in Canada but much more competitive when originating in the US.
I've never found AC F competitive EX-US. At least the cities I've looked at, which are mostly Southern/Midwest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.