Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New option when calling in via phone or DL app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Just called in. I was told I could wait, or try the new chat option. Basically you chat with a learning AI via text. Same as the new option in DL App. It acknowledged it's "dumb" but learning.

Basically instant Twitter support but with AI instead of human replying. Anyone have any luck/problems with it?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Just called in. I was told I could wait, or try the new chat option. Basically you chat with a learning AI via text. Same as the new option in DL App. It acknowledged it's "dumb" but learning.

Basically instant Twitter support but with AI instead of human replying. Anyone have any luck/problems with it?
Twitter is a bot to start as well.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
Actual people respond for Twitter.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:46 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Granted sometimes it's hard to tell these days...
hhdl, ryw and miraclebear2003 like this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
I stopped using Twitter support after they started requiring birthdate verification in addition to the matched handle and confirmation number. Does the chat function require all three verification forms as well?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Alan Turing smiles.
Zorak, bennos, griffy208 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:10 pm

I know actual people eventually respond , but that's after a bot initially tries to figure out what your're on about before a human actually takes over. That's what I meant by "to start".
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I know actual people eventually respond , but that's after a bot initially tries to figure out what your're on about before a human actually takes over. That's what I meant by "to start".

I don't think this is true for Twitter, unless it is a recent change.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Not for DL.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:00 am

if it were a bot it would respond a lot faster
Jaimito Cartero and ryw like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I don't think this is true for Twitter, unless it is a recent change.
Not for DL.
I went back through my past interactions and it appears the Bots are on the feed not in the DMs. My mistake.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:27 am

I did a chat convo to test it out. After 2 failed attempts at getting where I wanted it routed me to a rep. I was able to search for past flight credit and apply to a new booking with seat selections. It took nearly 45 minutes. It seems the agents are working multiple chat strings at a time so each responses back from them took appx 5 min. It wasn't efficient but it got the job done.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:53 am
k2

Originally Posted by JTE458
I did a chat convo to test it out. After 2 failed attempts at getting where I wanted it routed me to a rep. I was able to search for past flight credit and apply to a new booking with seat selections. It took nearly 45 minutes. It seems the agents are working multiple chat strings at a time so each responses back from them took appx 5 min. It wasn't efficient but it got the job done.
Agreed. I tried it to apply a GUC and total time was probably 30 minutes. It was frustrating at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.