Wiki Posts
Search

LOT - is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum
LOT - is this normal?

Traveling in Y, LO68. 6 IFE monitors not working. When asked whether any other seats available, told that there are three middle seats left on the plane in Y. Two couples declined, as they had paid for specific seats next to each other. I was in the aisle, and also didn’t want to move to a middle seat.

After around 15 minutes of discussion, we are then told that there is one seat available in PE (there were actually two.) I take this seat in PE. After watching a film, I started dozing off. I was then prodded by a member of the crew and told that if I wanted to fall asleep, I should go back to the economy seat.

After watching another film, I went to use the bathroom. Told to use the one at the back of the plane. Again, prodded awake by the crew when I tried to fall asleep. Decided to leave a film on loop constantly, pretending to watch, but actually asleep.

I found this whole experience totally bizarre, is this just how LOT is with customer service?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Not working IFE is not normal, but it does happen and not gioves any right for upgrade. Although you may ask compensation and may get some miles or voucher.

Everything else -- LOT was very correct -- if you paid for Economy class ticket, you should stay in Y, sleep in Y and use toilet of Y.
That's absolutely correct and normal.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
No, that's not normal. And the suggestion that you have to stay awake to remain in the PE seat is insane.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: *G
bizarre and shows complete lack of tact and sense
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by deniah
bizarre and shows complete lack of tact and sense
Why?

Pax got exactly, what did pay for.
Non-working IFE is no reason for upgrade. Only thing LOT did wrong was allowing to see movie on PE seat if pax paid for Y seat only.

But I agree, that it is funny to keep eye on pax to be sure that provided seat with working IFE is used ONLY for IFE and not for anything else
ISTFlyer, TPJ and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Premium Economy PAX are not allowed to use Business Class toilets, this is normal.

That IFE thing is bizarre, though. They should have either put you in the economy middle seat or let you use the PE seat normally (but keep your Y food etc.), not this "only sit here with IFE enabled" b/s.

Last edited by marcoos; Aug 20, 2019 at 2:43 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:30 am
Original Poster

I am aware I paid for a Y seat, however I was expecting working IFE. I get that sometimes it doesn't work, and so I think it is reasonable for either a like-for-like replacement seat, in Y, with working IFE or a better seat with working IFE.

I found it really bizarre how the entire crew seemed to think their solution was appropriate, so was curious what you all thought.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fireanwater1
I am aware I paid for a Y seat, however I was expecting working IFE. I get that sometimes it doesn't work, and so I think it is reasonable for either a like-for-like replacement seat, in Y, with working IFE or a better seat with working IFE.

I found it really bizarre how the entire crew seemed to think their solution was appropriate, so was curious what you all thought.
I agree it was bizarre but see it from both sides. It seems they didnt OPUP you but rather made an offer that if you wanted to use the IFE then sit in the PE section, if you arent gonna use it then back to your assigned seat. Could be they thought that way the others also affected can use that same PE seat and use the IFE

Did you relocate your carryon/s when you went to PE and did they say anything if you did?
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

No, I didn't move the bags, I only realised that things were not all as they seemed when I started receiving a prodding from CC....
I think some of the other passengers affected accepted the lack of IFE because when I left they had a spare seat.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Raul_R
Not working IFE is not normal, but it does happen and not gioves any right for upgrade. Although you may ask compensation and may get some miles or voucher.

Everything else -- LOT was very correct -- if you paid for Economy class ticket, you should stay in Y, sleep in Y and use toilet of Y.
That's absolutely correct and normal.
what an insane response. are you saying if you watch a movie and you fall asleep they should wake you up to move?? i once reserved a mid size rental car. they didnt have one and gave me a luxury car (all they had left). should they have prevented me from using any of the luxury features (heated seats, navigation, etc) because i only paid for mid size?
zuchu, Fabo.sk and lhrpete like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:42 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
2 sides of the same story:

- Y passenger who was offered a courtesy of watching a movie in PY is upset F/A has not let them use all the features of a better seat

- PE passengers could be upset that someone was offered an upgrade for free, while they had to pay with miles or money

LOT has a pay-on-board program to upgrade to PY or C while in flight. If you have paid the money you could sleep as much as you wanted.

IMHO kudos to LO F/A.

PS. Just to clarify - if you are OP-UP'ed at the gate because of the oversale situation, you have all the rights (but F/A's may prioritize paid passengers with meal selection etc.)
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Next time I travel Y on LOT I'll bring one of those large capacitor discharge things to nuke the IFE, so that I'll get the seat in PE to watch a movie (something classy starring Katharine Heigl). To avoid being poked by the FA in the event of dozing off, I will put on my Frank Sidebottom head to make it look like I'm awake at all times.
hugolover, blue2002, TPJ and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a good idea yurtripper but a Burka might be easier and offer a bit of warmth if the cabin is a bit cool during the night.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
It's a good idea yurtripper but a Burka might be easier and offer a bit of warmth if the cabin is a bit cool during the night.
Well if you let me know where I can get one in Indigo (Rainbow) so it matches LOT's colour scheme..
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by craz
It seems they didnt OPUP
But they should have, ideally either the OP or whoever else was in Y with higher status, thus making a seat with functioning IFE in Y available to OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.