Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM

This is the first time I have ever experienced this at hyatt.com, is this something new? Hyatt properties in the NW Chicago suburbs: Hoffman Estates & Schaumburg

Last edited by jimcoddington; May 20, 2019 at 3:28 pm
Old May 20, 2019, 3:25 pm

Which Hyatt?
Old May 20, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
Usually means there are no standard rooms left in the hotel for the dates you’re wanting to book.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
It happens.....it's not new and doesn't happen often enough to cry about. Unless it happens to you/or me.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Simply means that standard rooms are sold out.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:08 am

Indeed - is there an event going on nearby?
Old May 21, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I don't offhand know why, but there's the other thread )AA Concierge Key...Don't Waste Your Time) where someone complains they weren't upgraded when almost every hotel room in Chicago is sold out.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
HR Vancouver usually does this for the whole summer !
CORRECTION: In 2017 I found this hotel using shenanigans described by GUWonder #11 for any date in August that I tried, but I could & did get my award room in September. Maybe they do such stuff mainly on weekends now?? 59Impala's counterexample is in Monday, out Friday.

Last edited by Brendan; May 24, 2019 at 1:03 pm
Old May 22, 2019, 5:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
Not true! I have a points booking there in August.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:39 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Brendan
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Not true! I have a points booking there in August.
People should be more careful on what they post. I challenged these remarks and confirm the comment from @sch_flyer ... I picked a random stay in July (which I think is summer). And sure enough, my first search showed availability, even for P+C.

bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; May 23, 2019 at 2:50 am
Old May 23, 2019, 2:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Some hotels may use minimum stay requirements or room package rates to restrict standard room availability using points.

Some hotels may use creative categorization to reduce the number of rooms that are shown online as being available using points.

For one or both of these circumstances, some of the hotels may still be available for booking on your desired dates at seriously discounted rates by booking via Priceline or Hotwire's "opaque" booking methods.

I've repeatedly booked the Hyatt Regency Vancouver on Name Your Own Price deals when Hyatt.com was showing as sold out online for point bookings and/or even for regular paid bookings.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:37 pm

It means you should call.

-David
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Bumping this up a bit, have a similar situation.

Looking to book the Regency in Madrid, it is showing Standard Rate available for our dates (Standard King, 25m2 room), but when I plug in out infant, it is saying no rooms available with points, can only pay in cash for the the King Deluxe room. The only difference is the King Deluxe comes with "Deluxe Amenities" so I don't see it even being an occupancy issue because it's the same room (25m2). Frustrating. Anyone have anything similar happen? I'm just lowly Discoverist, called the line and weren't that helpful. Temped just to book for wife and I, leave the kiddo out and "oops" when I go to check in
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by DG206
Bumping this up a bit, have a similar situation.

Looking to book the Regency in Madrid, it is showing Standard Rate available for our dates (Standard King, 25m2 room), but when I plug in out infant, it is saying no rooms available with points, can only pay in cash for the the King Deluxe room. The only difference is the King Deluxe comes with "Deluxe Amenities" so I don't see it even being an occupancy issue because it's the same room (25m2). Frustrating. Anyone have anything similar happen? I'm just lowly Discoverist, called the line and weren't that helpful. Temped just to book for wife and I, leave the kiddo out and "oops" when I go to check in
I experience your frustration quite frequently. It's been discussed in these forums that your "oops" plan is quite risky as some European hotels do have strict policies and they simply won't let you slide at check in. You could have the wife and kid duck out while you check in solo, which is risky in its own right but may work.

I personally am afraid of taking the risks so I have contacted the hotels directly via email on five occasions. In all five occasions they replied promptly and with options that were not available via Hyatt.com. On three of the occasions I was able to book any standard room I wanted and have email communication from them that explicitly states that I will be permitted to check in with my two children of ages X and Y even though my reservation does not reflect them. The other two occasions I was advised that I must book upgraded rooms to accommodate my family (and in one case it indeed is simply a deluxe room of same size as the regular) but note these options were not even available directly on Hyatt's website. Anyway, I have only completed one of the stays mentioned and indeed had no issues. We shall see what happens with the future stays. Oh and btw, my hotels were all in Asia. European hotels may be stricter.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I experience your frustration quite frequently. It's been discussed in these forums that your "oops" plan is quite risky as some European hotels do have strict policies and they simply won't let you slide at check in. You could have the wife and kid duck out while you check in solo, which is risky in its own right but may work.
Thanks for your reply, I may try to contact directly and see what they say as I am not a fan of the "oops" either. I am just just annoyed I cannot book with points in this case for the EXACT ROOM because it includes slippers and a robe, so does not even seem to be an occupancy issue here since I can book with points if it's just wife and I. Due to potential language issues I may try the Disoverist line again and see if I can get someone else and as you said as about options. I don't have all the points so want a definitive answer before I top off my WoH acct and clean out my Chase UR points

I did the "oops" in Paris with a Hilton Curio but it was an honest mistake. I booked the hotel before he was born and didn't think about the reservation until we checked in, but luckily I am Gold so they upgraded us to a fantastic suite so understand the occupancy thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.