FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award stays
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:08 am
DG206

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I experience your frustration quite frequently. It's been discussed in these forums that your "oops" plan is quite risky as some European hotels do have strict policies and they simply won't let you slide at check in. You could have the wife and kid duck out while you check in solo, which is risky in its own right but may work.
Thanks for your reply, I may try to contact directly and see what they say as I am not a fan of the "oops" either. I am just just annoyed I cannot book with points in this case for the EXACT ROOM because it includes slippers and a robe, so does not even seem to be an occupancy issue here since I can book with points if it's just wife and I. Due to potential language issues I may try the Disoverist line again and see if I can get someone else and as you said as about options. I don't have all the points so want a definitive answer before I top off my WoH acct and clean out my Chase UR points

I did the "oops" in Paris with a Hilton Curio but it was an honest mistake. I booked the hotel before he was born and didn't think about the reservation until we checked in, but luckily I am Gold so they upgraded us to a fantastic suite so understand the occupancy thing