Search

LGW Lounge - Lift refurb

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
LGW Lounge - Lift refurb

There is currently only one lift serving the LGW lounge as part of a refurb project.

there is a BA staffer lurking just at the entrance to the lift lobby pointing people to the stairs up as the quickest route.

I asked at the desk but they didn’t know how long the project would take but lifts always seem to take a long time!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
It was certainly down to only one lift last time I was there which was 4 weeks ago.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Discovered this on a NCE trip last week. The one "working" lift was not going anywhere either. these lifts have always been funny - they are (or were) independent of each other and so both buttons needed to be pressed to ensure you were not effectively waiting for a single lift.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
It has been like that for ages now. I can't really work out what the logic is or what is happening because you can easily use the lifts to go down anyway
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
it was like this at the end of Feb too, they directed my heavily pregnant wife to the stairs
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I was also there this morning but still used the lift anyway. Clearly they can't get everyone to use it and are prioritising wheelchair users. I would have thought pregnancy would be another good reason to use the lifts. The staffers, on level 2 and 3 ltoday were GAL rather than BA. Or rather Omniserv to be more accurate.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Isn’t it typical that half of the infrastructure are being enhanced/engineering-worked and the other half works half of the time for, eh, almost everything BA, maybe not just BA?

I was in LGW lounge which is packed full. People with toddlers, elderly with luggage all stuck in that remaining poor lift wondering why it didn’t work, but in a calm way.

#keepcalmandenhanceon
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:21 am

The latest guestimate is that the lift issue will not be resolved for several more weeks as the whole lift is having to be replaced.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:41 am

I was there a couple of weeks ago. The one lift was stuck at the lounge with a wheelchair passenger looking worried. One of the wheelchair pushers appeared and proceeded to reset the lift logic, and off we went. I had no idea these guys had such in depth knowledge of LGW infrastructure.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.