Wiki Posts
Search

Eupgrade requirement question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP*SE SPG-PLAT
Eupgrade requirement question

I am booked in PE from ZRH to YYZ in a couple of weeks. I was quite surprised to see the e-upgrade requirements. I am booked in N class and it will need the same number of credits as someone who is booked in FLEX. Any rational?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by zsm1928
I am booked in PE from ZRH to YYZ in a couple of weeks. I was quite surprised to see the e-upgrade requirements. I am booked in N class and it will need the same number of credits as someone who is booked in FLEX. Any rational?
@zsm1928

Yes, this had been discussed a couple of years ago after Premium Economy was created. Some really call it Y+ as opposed to J-

Premium Economy Lowest N and E are essentially Flex for upgrades
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Same credits, but you are higher on the priority list. As an SE, my upgrades from O have been 100% successful over the past 18 months or so.
--
13F
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Same credits, but you are higher on the priority list. As an SE, my upgrades from O have been 100% successful over the past 18 months or so.
--
13F
O is Flexible premium Economy. N and E are lowest so while higher on the food chain, still not high enough for lower number of credits.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 24left
O is Flexible premium Economy. N and E are lowest so while higher on the food chain, still not high enough for lower number of credits.
Agree. I meant higher priority than any of the Y fare classes.

Clearly I made a poor attempt at answering the OP's question. Even though the number of credits required is the same, upgrading from N,E is easier than upgrading from Flex. That is one possible reason why someone would buy N,E rather than Flex.
--
13F
24left likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
I think what has happened is that when you go back to the original pricing of PE, N/E fares were actually quite cheap. Barely 100-200 on a R/T basis more than what you were paying for basic economy. These were still very cheap fares. However, the product has been quite successful and finding that price point for the fare has meant that the price of PE has really risen and these N/E fares are almost pushing up against Latitude fares.

Based on this, I would hope they could find a way to reduce these a bit. Even the "O" premium economy could be reduced slightly from Latitude - now that they have managed to find a way to ensure O always is more than B on a route.
gcashin and BlondeBomber like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.