Search

GGL Joker - Extra passenger on return leg

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Taylor Street Baristas
GGL Joker - Extra passenger on return leg

Good morning everyone

We're going out to ORD in May for my daughter's graduation. I anticipate having to use a joker to get seats. There will be three of us outbound but she's coming back with us. Is it possible to book 3 out 4 back using a single joker?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL
No, it won’t be possible as everyone needs to be on the same PNR to use the joker, which is not the case here.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:48 pm

Slightly unrelated question. Say there are 4 people on a PNR whose seats are released by joker, can each person’s ticket be individually be settled differently? Say all persons travel CW but 1 person full revenue CW + 1 person revenue premium economy upgraded to CW using GUF1 + 1 person revenue prem econ upgraded to CW using Avios + 1 person pure Avios redemption for CW?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Slightly unrelated question. Say there are 4 people on a PNR whose seats are released by joker, can each person’s ticket be individually be settled differently? Say all persons travel CW but 1 person full revenue CW + 1 person revenue premium economy upgraded to CW using GUF1 + 1 person revenue prem econ upgraded to CW using Avios + 1 person pure Avios redemption for CW?
I'd refer you to the answer given earlier by the honourable member for Monkey; I don't think your four pax could be on the same PNR.
Ldnn1 and orbitmic like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:53 pm

No. To use a joker all pax must be on a single pnr. You cannot mix cash and Avios fares on a single pnr, so no go.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Indeed. No to both of the above, and before someone asks, no it is not possible book as one, then split the booking whilst keeping the benefit of the joker for all, ie if you do that the split booking will lose the benefit of the joker immediately and be downgraded or unbooked as the case may be. Thus, the two scenarii above made originally or split, will require the use of two (and in the second case potentially 3) jokers.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed. No to both of the above, and before someone asks, no it is not possible book as one, then split the booking whilst keeping the benefit of the joker for all, ie if you do that the split booking will lose the benefit of the joker immediately and be downgraded or unbooked as the case may be.
Are you really sure on this?

I only ask since a similar question popped up on here a few backs regarding a GUF2 being split - and in the case that I have done it, both passengers retained their upgrades whilst my return was changed (with correct change fees) to another date. I do not know if BA IT is smart enough to recognise a jokered booking if a ticketing agent was to split them apart. Happy to hear you experiences on the joker topic
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
In my experience using jokers you can have different ways of getting into the particular cabin - e.g. a redemption I did yesterday had 2 x CW and 2 x WT+ plus GUF2. That can all go on the same PNR. However if you are also making a cash booking, you don't need a joker anyway so I am not sure why you'd want to do this? Otherwise the other 3 could go on the same PNR as far as I am aware. The calculation and redemption has to be done manually by the GGL team but they are well used to pax who throw the kitchen sink of vouchers (GUFs and 2-4-1s) at a joker redemption.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Are you really sure on this?

I only ask since a similar question popped up on here a few backs regarding a GUF2 being split - and in the case that I have done it, both passengers retained their upgrades whilst my return was changed (with correct change fees) to another date. I do not know if BA IT is smart enough to recognise a jokered booking if a ticketing agent was to split them apart. Happy to hear you experiences on the joker topic
i was indeed explicitly said ‘no’ when I asked! Admittedly, I’ve never had to do it again so maybe the agent I spoke to was more alert than others might have been!
rossmacd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.