Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Change/cancel return Avios flight after outbound flown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire

Quick question to all those FTers in the know.

Am currently abroad on a Qatar Avios booking and need to come home sooner than planned but the only availability is on BA.

is it still the case that return leg cannot be cancelled after the outbound is flown, and if I cannot cancel and rebook on BA it will come under multi carrier rules and bump up the Avios required?

Help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It cannot be cancelled indeed.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:18 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
[...] if you need to return early because of a genuine family emergency then ask BA if they can help you.

EDIT: rest deleted as it was far less helpful than the post immediately below mine.
george77300 likes this.

Last edited by IMH; Jan 20, 2019 at 9:26 am
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You cannot cancel, but you can amend so long as you are at least 24 hours from departure and you stick to the same start and end zones. If you need extra Avios for the new booking then there's no avoiding that, unless you can part pay with more cash to reduce the Avios required. If you can't find suitable availability then you can of course push back the return to a later date and part-rescue the situation with other bookings, revenue or redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.