Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Jersey City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:02 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Had a one nighter here. First time in a HH after the renaming from Hyatt Summerfield Suites.
hotel opened in November 2017, so everything is in mint condition. Except poor quality of the LG TV.
Recption on top floor with bar/lounge area. GREAT view of the Manhatten skyline too. Very good breakfast with made to order omelettes. Very friendly staff.
took some pictures and will try to write a more detailed review. Need to appologize for the mediocre cell phone foto quality... arrived late at night and left early morning again.
definitely a hotel to come back to, asrate was pretty good for this area. 165$ with corporate code. About 100$ less than the HR nearby for the same night.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:41 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Excellent Stay, especially for a Hyatt House

Hyatt House Jersey City

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hyatt House Jersey City

One Exchange Place Jersey City, NJ US 07302

Excellent Stay, especially for a Hyatt House (5 Photos)

Hyatt House Jersey City

Check In

you enter the building, which I believe used to be an old bank, or the exchange building itself? unsure.

you are greeted and directed to the elevator, which takes you to the lobby, located on the top floor of the building, I believe the 12th floor. The staff is very efficient, friendly. Check-in was a quick process. I was recognized as a Globalist and was handed over 2 bottles of water.

The room was located on the 9th floor.

Room

We booked the Specialty "Two Queen Guestroom (plus sofa bed)". This room is large, 544 sq ft. it was a mere 10$ more than the standard room, where the size varies from 361-487 sq ft, and we wanted a large room.

The room was very nice, the location however not really. it was a corner room, facing inwards, towards Manhattan, but could not see much of the sykline anyhow. Also the room had only a very small area with a window, as you can see on the floor plan. 

I would NOT book this room type again, but the standard and would expect an upgraded room as a Globalist.

Quality of the LG TV is very disappointing

Bathroom on the smaller side, only 1 sink. but nice and huge walk-in shower, which I favor over bathtubs!

Appologies for the bad picture quality.... and although the upright pictures are sideways here in the review... there seems to be no way to rotate them

20180405_213736.jpg

20180405_213741.jpg

20180405_213749.jpg

2 excellent beds, I guess as totally new, really comfortable.

20180405_213856.jpg

Bad quality LG TV, swivels from sofa area to bed to kitchen area

20180406_061303.jpg

Room 917 is in the corner, facing inwards - view nothing special, pretty dark. but the size was excellent.

Dining

We had breakfast, which was really very good. Wide selection of breakfast items. They even had made-to-order omeletts.

Service staff extremely friendly. 

We had a late arrival and were tired after a longhaul flight from Europe, so did not have a drink at the bar.

We took a look at the bar area the next morning and regretted not taking a drink and see the Manhattan skyline. 

Views are fantastic! and a MUST next time there.

The location is great. There is a tram/train right in front of the building, plus many options to take a boat accross to Manhattan. A schedule is published in the hotel lobby, too.

Overall

Overall an excellent stay. I paid 163$ with my corporate discount code. it was it was about 100$ cheaper than the Hyatt Regency Jersey City, located about 500 ft away. Considering the Hyatt House is a brand new hotel, I think our decision was right to try this hotel

We would definitely come back again, but probably just book the standard room and I am sure I'd get an upgraded room as a Globalist.

Excellent Stay, especially for a Hyatt House

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt House Jersey City?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Also the room had only a very small area with a window, as you can see on the floor plan. I would NOT book this room type again, but the standard and would expect an upgraded room as a Globalist.
Yikes, i’d Not want that inside corner under any circumstances.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Had a very pleasant two night stay - a super friendly front desk agent asked if she could upgrade me to one of the studios from the base "den" room - yes, please! As a globalist, received a little "gift" baggie containing a couple waters, a bag of chex mix, and shaving and shoe shining toiletries. The room looked like the one in 59Impala's review above, albeit with a king and two large windows overlooking the tram station. It was a bit noisy at night, but ear plugs were provided on the night stand. Unfortunately, even though the building is right by the water, the only views are from the 11th floor and rooftop lounge - room views are blocked by the adjacent building. The views from the lobby and rooftop are wonderful.

The location is a bit confusing for Uber drivers as the app tells them to pull in the back, not in front of the lobby - just be aware! If doing business in lower Manhattan, the ferry terminal adjacent to the hotel will get you there in 10 min and $7 each way. Alternatively, PATH station is also right next to the hotel, and it's one stop to the Oculus (WTC).

Free breakfast with omelet bar is decent, and there's actually a full service restaurant and lounge on site if one doesn't want to partake in NYC's culinary delights.

This is becoming my favorite property for visits to NYC, as I tend to fly in/out of EWR, and it's only a short ride away, and not having to deal with tunnel/bridge traffic is always a plus!

View from the lobby - you can see the ferry dock right across from the hotel (white canopy).
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Had a very pleasant two night stay - a super friendly front desk agent asked if she could upgrade me to one of the studios from the base "den" room - yes, please! As a globalist, received a little "gift" baggie containing a couple waters, a bag of chex mix, and shaving and shoe shining toiletries.
View from the lobby - you can see the ferry dock right across from the hotel (white canopy).
Sounds better than next door already.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:27 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We often visit the rooftop bar after work during the warmer months; it’s quite the happening scene and the food isn’t bad at all. The panoramic view of lower Manhattan is spectacular.

Originally Posted by Aventine
Sounds better than next door already.
IMO, For Explorists and below, the HH is a no-brainer over the HR. Globalists could hope for a decent suite at the HR when there isn't a wedding or some other event on the top floor ballrooms, I suppose.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 9, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
We often visit the rooftop bar after work during the warmer months; it’s quite the happening scene and the food isn’t bad at all. The panoramic view of lower Manhattan is spectacular.

IMO, For Explorists and below, the HH is a no-brainer over the HR. Globalists could hope for a decent suite at the HR when there isn't a wedding or some other event on the top floor ballrooms, I suppose.
they don't upgrade to suits for glob here?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ijones027
they don't upgrade to suits for glob here?
Nope because they're not required to.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:52 pm

Nope because they're not required to.
any reason why thats the case?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ijones027
any reason why thats the case?
Hyatt T&Cs exempt HP and HH from giving Globalist suite upgrades. They can choose to do it or you could use a TSU.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:56 pm

Hyatt T&Cs exempt HP and HH from giving Globalist suite upgrades. They can choose to do it or you could use a TSU.
dummie me forgot about that thanks
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Which is why I generally avoid staying at these brands unless the base room is already a suite, or I somehow know they aim to please.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
As one of the few remaining NYC (adjacent) Cat 4 options the Hyatt House - along with the nearby Hyatt Regency - seems like it could be a good alternative to the Gild Hall (which is now Cat 5).

Has anyone stayed here recently?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I am looking to book with cash/points at this property and 3 options were offered:

1) Standard Room Free Night: from 18,000 Points
2) Standard Suite Points Plus Cash: from 13,500 Points + $179
3) Lp Suite Pts Upgr: from $101 + 6,000 Points

Is option 3 a room or an upgrade cert? If is an upgrade cert, how is it used? Need existing reservation? The description is as follow:
Details: WORLD OF HYATT SUITE POINT UPGRADE - Valid on 1-Bedroom Suite only. - Standard guarantee/cxl policy
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I am looking to book with cash/points at this property and 3 options were offered:

1) Standard Room Free Night: from 18,000 Points
2) Standard Suite Points Plus Cash: from 13,500 Points + $179
3) Lp Suite Pts Upgr: from $101 + 6,000 Points

Is option 3 a room or an upgrade cert? If is an upgrade cert, how is it used? Need existing reservation? The description is as follow:
Details: WORLD OF HYATT SUITE POINT UPGRADE - Valid on 1-Bedroom Suite only. - Standard guarantee/cxl policy
Nos 2 and 3 are effectively the same suite. The pricing is different because it's simply two different calculations. No 2 is typically supposed to be half the points cost of the standard suite and half the standard cash rate. No 3 is supposed to be the full standard rate of a base room + 6000 points. The standard rate is likely coded incorrectly here so clearly option No 3 is the way to go. Definitely book that one if you're gonna stay at this hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.