Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Even Hotel NYC Midtown East

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat

Even Hotel New York-Midtown East

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

221 East 44th Street New York, NY US 10017

Even Hotel NYC Midtown East (0 Photo)

Guess the Stay Forum is gone? couldn't find a thread for this one.  Stayed 7/12-7/16.

Couple blocks from Grand Central.  Ground floor is just a little foyer with elevator up to Lobby and above.  Duane Reed(Walgreens) is next door for supplies.

Checked in as Platinum.  Asked for the Welcome points. Still hasn't posted.  A Staybridge Suites in Sacramento just posted and I checked in 2 days ago.  Was supposed to get a high room as the "upgrade" but room wasn't ready even at 5:30 pm, so they gave me a lower room, manager later credited me 10,000 points when there was another minor issue with some night time noise and declined to move to a new room due to hassle of packing up.

Room is typical Manhattan tiny, exacerbated by the exercise equipment, mainly the ball.  Even if you wanted to work out in the room, you're stuffed.  Furniture all modern.  TV decent.  Bathroom was very nice and modern looking with rain shower, no tub.  Overall, room and property was very clean.

To me, the concept fell flat I think trying to do this in a Manhattan location, more suited for an outlier location with lots of real estate for larger room, outdoor amenities, bigger spaces, etc like a resort spa.  The lobby was minimal with a just a desk and couple computers.  People were lined up trying to check in and blocking the elevator  which was like 8 feet from the desk.

Reason for staying was primarily a 19,200 point Accelerate task for staying in 3 brands.  Doubt would return.  Location and cleanliness was really the only benefit.

Would you like to write a review on the Even Hotel New York-Midtown East ?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Any recent stays here?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:54 pm

Friend stayed there. OK hotel, terrible breakfast
Old Mar 14, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mileshound
Friend stayed there. OK hotel, terrible breakfast
I'll give em try. But damn, I hate this worthless garbage: "Amenity Fee $25.00 plus taxes. Daily Includes One Welcome Drink, Two Day Passes for Citi-Bike, Access to Peloton Workout Classes, and long distance phone calls."
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I'll give em try. But damn, I hate this worthless garbage: "Amenity Fee $25.00 plus taxes. Daily Includes One Welcome Drink, Two Day Passes for Citi-Bike, Access to Peloton Workout Classes, and long distance phone calls."
I would love to see a firsthand report on whether the amenity fee is waived on award stays. I’ve gotten diametrically opposed answers by phone & email over the past three days; see Amenity fees/award stays: hotels that do & don’t waive (Midtown/Lower Manhattan)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.