Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Left Marriott] east Hamburg Hotel, A Member Of Design Hotels [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE

East Hotel Hamburg

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

East Hotel Hamburg

Simon-von-Utrecht-Straße 31 Hamburg, Germany DE

East Hotel Hamburg (9 Photos)

East Hotel Hamburg

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel though lighting is too dark for my taste. The public areas are quite nice.

Room

IMG_0586.JPGIMG_0589.JPGIMG_0591.JPGIMG_0595.JPGIMG_0596.JPG

Overall

IMG_0602.JPGIMG_0607.JPGIMG_0608.JPGIMG_0609.JPG

East Hotel Hamburg

Would you like to write a review on the East Hotel Hamburg?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:56 am
Community Director Emerita

There are really some intriguing design elements in the bed and bathroom. It's nice to see something that isn't cookie cutter. Did the pieces function well?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There are really some intriguing design elements in the bed and bathroom. It's nice to see something that isn't cookie cutter. Did the pieces function well?
That's a great question. In general yes, except the sink which I found too small so that I had to pay attention not to spash against me.
Lighting can be switched on and off by switches next to the entrance or by a remote control. It took some time until I noticed the remote control...when you are in bed you start to wonder how to turn off the lights without walking to the entrance.

I really liked the public areas with the unusual design - I'm looking forward to my next stay in March.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

Your pictures captured some really interesting design. Should I return to Hamburg, I'd definitely want to stay there and see it myself.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Already had 3 stays here after the joined SPG. Love the hotel - interesting location as it is close to Reeperbahn...

Was upgraded once to an East: Water Level room with a waterbed. Definitely something new for me.

But overall a very enjoyable hotel - good choice for Hamburg.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:30 pm

While I like modern, I'm not a big fan of the East. Why did I end up here? I dislike the LM (location, staff attitude and cheapish feeling of rooms) and wanted to try this as it's now an SPG option albeit it doesn't have a pool and limited spa (only sauna).

In the winter it feels quite dark and cold. More like a W without the upbeat vibe. Granted, this might differ by date because the East is as much hotel as an event venue/ hospitality biz nowadays.

Staff was friendly but also distant and not too welcoming after indicating it's my first stay with them (convo was in German). Had to ask for all offerings such as spa, gym, SPG. Latter was the welcome bonus for Plat and upgrade to a bigger room with S-v-U street view.

Room itself is rather dark, very much like LH738's pictures just with a bit more space and a Nespresso. Depending on which wing you get, it might be a bit of a walk. Is it functional? Agree on the small sink, my lights were flickering for half an hour or so and I feel that putting on makeup might be a hassle with the limited light.

Gym is currently hosted in what was a bigger room in a different wing (there is still the kitchen in the gym). It's quite a walk outside, taking an elevator. It's decently equipped, but not the one in the pictures.

Location is close for people who want to explore Reeperbahn or St Pauli. However, Empire Riverside might have nicer views and their famous bar with views.
Subway is 3 mins walk away with 1 connection to HAM or some 7 mins walk directly via S1. Both options take ~40 mins.

edit: I did NOT notice the remote control for the lights

Last edited by crispeta; Jan 30, 2017 at 11:32 pm Reason: addition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.