Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport {US-CO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport {US-CO}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:24 am

Programs: United 1K Hilton Gold
This hotel is one of my favorites in the chain. Simple but I'm always there on business. Always within budget. As a diamond, always get the suite upgrade - usually room 431. Breakfast is good, quick service. The lady working there treats me like I'm tipping with $20s, not $2. Once had the black stuff backing up the sink issue but staff fixed it right away. I think the AC once went too, moved me to another room no questions asked (it was another suite exactly one floor lower).

I can't report on the shuttle since I always have a rental car. DEN airport in general is a traffic mess so I imagine ANY hotel shuttle there is slow, based on my experience with the various car rental companies (I have no particular loyalty, they all suck there).

Only complaints is that the internet sometimes isn't good enough to run a slingbox and the TV does not get VS (but then again who does?) so during hockey season I'm heading over to the bar. Thats more the fault of the dysfunctional NHL and a$$clown Gary Bettman but I digress...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:19 pm

Does this HGI operate its own airport shuttle or is it shared with nearby hotels?

Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1M, 1K,AA 2M,HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport

Shared with several nearby (next door) hotels.
Last time I used it about a year ago we had no problems, especially when used with a park & fly rate.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by NomadPerkins
Shared with several nearby (next door) hotels.
Last time I used it about a year ago we had no problems, especially when used with a park & fly rate.
Thank you ^
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:58 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

16475 E 40th Cir Aurora, CO US 80011

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport (5 Photos)

I stayed in this property for 1 night along with my wife and son. We reserved the 1 bedroom suite with a king bed and sofa bed, for a Team USA rate of $118 per night.

Check In

The day prior to arrival, I used OLCI to select one of the two available suites on the top (6th) floor, since these seemed to be the best rooms in the hotel. There was therefore no upgrade discussion at check-in. They had an envelope ready to go with room key and breakfast voucher, thanked me for being a diamond member, and provided the 2 bottles of water. Overall this was smooth and efficient.

Room

The king bed was in a separate room with a sliding "barn door" separating it from the main section. The window in the main section of the room opened a bit for some fresh air. There were no windows in the bedroom. The bathroom had a combination tub/shower.

20160924_161014.JPG

20160924_161024.JPG

20160924_161038.JPG

20160924_161126.JPG

Dining

The dining consisted of typical HGI "continental" items, hot items in warmers (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, shredded potatoes) and made to order omelettes. The omelettes were huge.

At check-in we were provided with 1 voucher which covered breakfast for all three of us, which was appreciated.

20160925_084305.JPG

Good location for Denver Airport. There is one cluster of hotels a few miles closer to the airport. This HGI is in another cluster of hotels closer to I-70.

It was approximately a 15 minute drive to the terminal from this hotel. They have a shuttle bus that was shared with a couple nearby hotels (Marriott and Aloft). We did not ride the shuttle bus because we had rented a car.

The hotel was across the parking lot from an Applebee's and a Ted's Montana Grill (very easily walkable). We had dinner at Ted's and found it enjoyable and reasonably priced, so it wouldn't be a problem to be here without a car.

Overall

Overall this was a good property. I would recommend it and would happily stay here again either on business or leisure.

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.