Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles now posting right away (May 2010, phasing in)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Thumbs up Miles now posting right away (May 2010, phasing in)

I was used to seeing miles post 3 days after the flight. However, my miles from a flight last night (AUS/DFW/MCO) are already posted. My flight arrived around 11:00 pm and when I checked my account at 6:00 am today the miles were there. I hope this is a permanent improvement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

This change was previously rumored in Oct 2009:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...an-2010-a.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Nov 6, 2010 at 2:37 pm
Old May 13, 2010, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Pedro M
I was used to seeing miles post 3 days after the flight. However, my miles from a flight last night (AUS/DFW/MCO) are already posted. My flight arrived around 11:00 pm and when I checked my account at 6:00 am today the miles were there. I hope this is a permanent improvement.
Maybe they licensed the old DL (pre merger) software that posted when the flight closed and DL (post merger) licensed the AA software that posts in X days.
Old May 13, 2010, 7:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
This was one of the reasons why I used to fly Delta - seemed like miles posted as soon as the door closed. ^

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
This is really pretty neat.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Pedro M
Wow, that is a nice improvement if it holds. Perhaps IT working on this improvement caused the Upgrade request function to self-destruct?
Old May 13, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: SkyMiles
DL Miles

Originally Posted by SFO777
Wow, that is a nice improvement if it holds. Perhaps IT working on this improvement caused the Upgrade request function to self-destruct?
Regardless of how much it cost to bring back the pre-merger DL miles posting system, it will be a money saver given the personnel hours it took when we sent so many PDF files with boarding pass copied to customer service asking that miles be posted.
Old May 13, 2010, 7:49 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
You can get more information about this here

http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ead.php?t=4299

I wish they'd not done this and focused the attention elsewhere. An extra day or two in posting miles makes absolutely no difference as long as the post- and they've been 100% accurate with me for as long as I can remember. There are certainly other areas where they could have made improvements that would actually have value.

Cheers.
Old May 13, 2010, 8:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
]

I wish they'd not done this and focused the attention elsewhere. An extra day or two in posting miles makes absolutely no difference as long as the post- and they've been 100% accurate with me for as long as I can remember. There are certainly other areas where they could have made improvements that would actually have value.

Cheers.
Exactly.. three hours, three days, three weeks I dont much care... further more I dont understand the obsession shown on the topic either.
Off-hand I can think of a least a dozen more IT related facets at which AA could work on which I consider of much greater importance or benefit to Advantage members.

Yah for the DL quick posting.. quick miles that are pretty much useless instantly unless you want to spend double miles for an award.

mike
Old May 13, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Still taking 3 days for me. Flew on Monday and they were posted today.
Old May 13, 2010, 9:16 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rdellosso
Still taking 3 days for me. Flew on Monday and they were posted today.
Same for me...my flight last Friday posted on Monday, and my Sunday flight posted yesterday (Wednesday).
Old May 13, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Flew on 5/12/10 .. miles posted on 5/13/10, Welcomes AA.com to the 21st century!!
Old May 13, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 5MM; Hertz President's Circle; Hilton Gold
Just noticed my evening flight on 5/11 has already posted so it is working for me as well.
Old May 13, 2010, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One monday segment posted today (thursday), another one is still in cyberspAAce.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Flew TPA DFW then DFW HOU, arrived 2PM yesterday. Miles posted this morning.

I like it!
Old May 13, 2010, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Sounds like maybe it is being phased in. Wonder if AA will make an announcement. As far as posting asap, certainly for GLDs and PLTs that are going to get another four stickers that may want to use for an upcoming flight or someone making EXP so that they can apply newly granted SWUs to an upcoming International flight this could be a benefit. I just like get the BPs off my desk. Now, if I can just get AA to post miles from my LAN flights last weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.