Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles now posting right away (May 2010, phasing in)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA,DL
My posted next day,too. And BA in two days not in 12 like last time.
Old May 22, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 4mm
Just flew DFW-ORD-PVG on 21 May and miles for both flights posted within 15 hours of touchdown in PVG.
Old May 23, 2010, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Flew AA180 LAX-JFK on May 22 Sat(arrive JFK at 12:30AM on May 23 Sun) and miles already posted 3AM, within 2 and half hours of touchdown.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
I hate to bump an old thread, but a search didn't reveal a recent new thread nor was there anything in the sticky.

I flew Saturday, June 5. The miles appeared in my account activity today, June 6. Also appearing was the monthly "your AAdvantage summary is being processed..." note. Total mileage included the flight from yesterday.

I flew back today. We'll see when those post.

I renewed my Admirals Club membership Saturday as well, and the AAngel said they have a new system in place. One benefit is that spousal memberhips will appear under the spouse's AAdvantage number instead of just the primary member's number. The card will also have the spouse's number. My partner can never remember my number, so this is a good thing.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:59 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I searched on the words {miles posting} and this thread was at the top: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...0-phasing.html
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by JY1024
I searched on the words {miles posting} and this thread was at the top: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...0-phasing.html
I searched "how long miles post" and didn't see that. Sorry.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The three immediately previous posts have been moved here from an obsolete thread. /Moderator

(/Mod hat definitely off)

As for danielonn, all I can say is

HAL 9000: I'm sorry, danielonn. I'm afraid I can't do that.
danielonn: What's the problem?
HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

My recent QF flights posted within three days - have no idea whose IT system that is due to, but I can't complain. In fact, I can't complain if all my trips post within a few days... it just doesn't have any real effect on anything, IMO.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:51 am

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
ORD-BRU landed at 8 am. At hotel in Brussels, checked account at 10:30 am and miles had posted. Wow.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:29 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I don't normally read the AAdvantage Milestones packet they send me in the mail (the one with your balances, inserts from partner vendors, featured destination booklet, etc.). But in glancing at my most recent one, I noticed this "Update" in the right sidebar:

Miles flying into your account faster.

The next time you fly on American Airlines, American Eagle or an American Connection carrier, you will notice that your AAdvantage miles will appear in your account faster. As a result of some recent changes, miles for travel on most of these flights will be credited to your account by the next day.
I guess the system's finally stable enough that they're willing to actually let people know about the May "enhancements"...
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:11 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
My recent LGA-ORD and ORD-LGA flights actually did not post until the next day. Still faster than it used to be!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by dstan
My recent LGA-ORD and ORD-LGA flights actually did not post until the next day. Still faster than it used to be!
I am finding usually within 24 hours on a couple of occassions 48 hours.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My flight on Sunday the 22nd (DFW-PHX) didn't post until Wednesday the 25th.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Even my recent CX & QF flights seems to have posted very quickly, within 48 hours.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:08 pm

My flight (SEA-DFW) on Saturday night hasn't posted yet, and it's already Wednesday night, but my flight on Sunday morning (DFW-RDU) posted on Sunday afternoon.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
My flight (SEA-DFW) on Saturday night hasn't posted yet, and it's already Wednesday night, but my flight on Sunday morning (DFW-RDU) posted on Sunday afternoon.
I just did a mileage run MCO-DFW-SEA-DFW-MCO on 10/26, and interestingly all segments have posted except the SEA-DFW segment. I was on AA1230, the 11:55pm departure. The DFW-MCO segment later that morning posted just fine. It's been 48 hours so far, but I'll give it some time before filling out a request form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.