Old Sep 10, 1998, 3:35 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

The "NEW" Westin/Sheraton guest program

Some info on changes ahead for Sheraton
FF program... but (surprise) I could not find
it on the Sheraton site.

It's on WWW.Westin.Com for the curious.

I talked about this under the Westin post.
CATMAN
Old Sep 11, 1998, 9:33 am
pgupta011

I am surprised too by the lack of any information coming from Sheraton.

A few questions from the Sheraton side of this Starwood alliance:
1) Will Sheraton Optima carholders continue to get 1 airline mile per dollar charged?
2) Will Sheraton Optima coldholders continue to get free night stays for the same amount of dollars charged?
3) Will Sheraton gold members continue to get free night stays for the same amount of dollars spent?

Westin and Sheraton are not at parity now (in terms of free nights/dollar spent)? Is this Starwood alliance bad for Sheraton members by bringing them up to Westin levels of dollars spent requirements for free nights?

Old Sep 11, 1998, 1:39 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Pgupta011... It seems that Starwood sees
Sheraton as the "distant cousin" of its
hotel family (like the lack of info about how
the changes will affect SCI members.) I
thought I was missing something because I
often log on after a long day at work, and
near sleeptime.

I've also e-mailed Sheraton about this, but
your points also are excellent questions.

My prediction: fewer bonuses for Sheratons
and higher point totals. I can't wait to see
how they are going to combine Sheratons
single digit per dollar earning and Westins
10 point per dollar.

TOO MUCH MATH!!! CATMAN
Old Sep 11, 1998, 2:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
proposition to Webflyer:

please put Sheraton and Westin under one title here on FlyerTalk - you/we could spare double entries and surfing time: may be under "Starwood" ? as long as the new name of the program is not out yet ?
Old Sep 12, 1998, 2:47 pm
pgupta011

Rudi, I understand when you refer to having to wade through multiple groups. It would be nice if articles could be posted to multiple groups and if the web site could be smart enough to recognize that an article has already been read. Many USENET newsgroup readers have this functionality.

But I think that members of Westin and members of Sheraton will have their own concerns. The ones I have listed above are unique to current Sheraton members and not relevant to Westin members.

I am quite intrigued by Randy's comments about "a few gains and a few losses". Personally I am much more interested in the Sheraton side of things, and do not want the Sheraton program to be the loser if the award charts of the two programs are "averaged" as Randy says that they will be. I am also more concerned about the lower end of the award charts and hope that the less than super-frequent stayers do not get stiffed.

Old Sep 13, 1998, 10:41 am
Original Member

It seems that the Sheraton/Westin alliance is more tightly linked than the respective companies may be saying on their web sites. The other day when I called the Sheraton reservations line about a booking in D.C., I got a Westin representive, who did look up availability for me on both Sheraton and Westin hotels in the area. Most of you may have forgotton, but I did predict this kind of thing several months ago.
Old Sep 17, 1998, 12:06 pm
pgupta011

Sheraton sent me a reply to my email. The Sheraton and Westin program are merging :-(

I was planning to convert my Westin points to Sheraton at the end of the year. Now I do not know whether or not I should do so. Unfortunately they did not answer my questions related to this.

On a more positive note they said that they would be paying close attention to the concerns of Westin and Sheraton members when putting together the program, and that it helps for them to hear from members. I would encourage everyone to write to them (you can email them via their web site http://www.sheraton.com

Old Sep 17, 1998, 1:21 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Glad you got a reply, Pgupta011. I have the
same dillema (Where to convert my points to.)
Luckily my trip to Maui allowed me to convert
my Sheraton and use that with the Westin
points.

Here's another suggestion from a member of
both programs: Give us enough time to decide
where to convert our points to. If you are
giving details in November, that wold give
us about 3 months for conversions.

We should not lose hard earned points in
a new program. Any views? CATMAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.