Old Jul 30, 1998, 2:14 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Merger Westin & Sheraton programs

Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:46:10 -0600
To: <[email protected]>
Hello again,

..... and yes the Westin Premier program will be ending on January 31, 1999. Due to the merger with Sheraton hotels, they are creating a new frequent guest program which will act for both Westin and Sheraton hotels.

The information you receive will explain this in detail.

Regards, Kevin Busenbark/ Westin Hotels
Old Jul 30, 1998, 3:03 am
Original Member
Original Poster

psychological typic after a merger:

Kevin says "THEY are ....", not "WE are ...."
Old Aug 3, 1998, 2:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

after a weekend at the Sheraton Bruxelles, and after renewing my Gold membership for another year: the manager says, the 3 points per $ spent and the 1 point = 1 (UA) mile will stay (after merging frequent flyer programs with Westin). Because Sheraton SELLS yearly-memberships they wouldn't dare, without a years notice, to devaluate point/mileage earning-rates. That doesn't exclude, that airline-miles can/will devaluate in 1999 (see American as the bad first example - others will follow).
Old Aug 3, 1998, 9:33 am
pgupta011

Points per dollar spent is only part of the picture. Last year when Westin changed their point structure they advertised that the points per dollar spent remained the same. What they did not advertise is that the points for partners like the Westin Visa were effectively cut in half. I hope that Sheraton does not do the same with the Sheraton Optima.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.