Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Fuel surcharge probably to be added on Eurobonus Award tickets soon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel surcharge probably to be added on Eurobonus Award tickets soon

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 2:01 am

Lying Blue is just as bad if not worse. SAS is doing this because most others are doing it too. But the problem for SAS is that EB doesn´t have some of the other good features that other programs have.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond SAS EBG (Star Alliance Gold), CO (OnePass) Gold
HEADS UP SAS/Eurobonus...

Do you really want this to [example below] happen... remember that this is a reward program and not a penalty program!

This indicates that you'd rather have empty seats than have loyal customers use their hard earned points.

I think it is time to re-think this strategy.

Just my five cents.

Originally Posted by Jespersm
Today I booked an award ticket CPH-OSL. Price: 12.000 points PLUS 521 DKK. Then I checked on Norwegian and got the same day/time for 479 DKK without spending my hard earned points. Good thing I could cancel my award ticket; points are only good for upgrades and hotels now.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: EBG
A funny thing happened when I called SAS booking this morning to book a bonus ticket. (As usual the online booking engine changes the selection for you to the first one when you press next so I had to call in to make the reservation. Just unbelievable SAS IT haven't managed to fix this yet. Most phone agents are aware of the problem.)

When the agent was about to sum up everything she stopped and asked me to hold on for a moment. She hadn't worked for a while and the fuel surcharge was so high that she had to check with a colleague what was wrong

Well, nothing wrong, and she somewhat reluctant had to tell me the amount.

You know the prices are high when the agents themselves refuse to believe the price the system give them.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by erwiol
A funny thing happened when I called SAS booking this morning to book a bonus ticket. (As usual the online booking engine changes the selection for you to the first one when you press next so I had to call in to make the reservation. Just unbelievable SAS IT haven't managed to fix this yet. Most phone agents are aware of the problem.)

When the agent was about to sum up everything she stopped and asked me to hold on for a moment. She hadn't worked for a while and the fuel surcharge was so high that she had to check with a colleague what was wrong

Well, nothing wrong, and she somewhat reluctant had to tell me the amount.

You know the prices are high when the agents themselves refuse to believe the price the system give them.

Do you have the details? route and fuel surcharge
Old Sep 16, 2009, 1:55 pm

Anything BGO-OSL-CPH-??? and return is likely to give you a ridiculous amount. Even BGO-CPH-??? will get you there.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:11 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by Christobal
Do you have the details? route and fuel surcharge
WF616 23OCT09
BGO-TOS 0700-0920

WF681 23OCT09
TOS-ALF 1050-1128

SK4545 25OCT09
ALF-OSL 1815-2015

SK295 25OCT09
OSL-BGO 2125-2215

surcharge 700 NOK incl VAT
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:56 am

Programs: *S(SK EBS), Marriott Platinum Elite
I used some points to get a ticket for my mother the other day, she flew

CPH - ARN - TKU - ARN - CPH

Total price 130,29€
Old Nov 4, 2009, 9:49 am

The Consumer Protection Agencies in 11 European countries led by the Norwegian Consumer Ombudsman yesterday published a report on Airlines' Taxes, Fees and Charges.

The report does not specifically mention fuel surcharges on award tickets but is suggesting that all unavoidable charges except airport charges and government taxes should be included in the basic air fare.

Hopefully this will put a stop to the practice of most European airlines' to levy fuel surcharges on award tickets.

The report is found here:

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/enforc...ges_report.pdf

Last edited by Johan; Nov 4, 2009 at 10:11 am
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by Johan
The Consumer Protection Agencies in 11 European countries led by the Norwegian Consumer Ombudsman yesterday published a report on Airlines' Taxes, Fees and Charges.

The report does not specifically mention fuel surcharges on award tickets but is suggesting that all unavoidable charges except airport charges and government taxes should be included in the basic air fare.

Hopefully this will put a stop to the practice of most European airlines' to levy fuel surcharges on award tickets.

The report is found here:

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/enforc...ges_report.pdf
I hope they do something very soon to get these ridiculous YR/YQ-s out of awards. Another day I had issue with CSA, who asked me on KLM award ticket ca 300USD more "taxes" than it is shown on KLM ticket on the same market and flights.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Probably the only good thing about Estonian Air - they still not charging fuel surcharge on award tickets, I have recently redeemed a bit of EB miles on them, paid just 30 EUR per person taxes for roundtrip, pretty fair ^
But probably irrelevant for non-Estonian based FFlyers
Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:55 am

Just payed 625 NOK taxes and fees for a return trip CPH-ARN-CPH.

I used 12K points and got 500 extra points for booking online.

If I had flown Norwegian, it would have cost a total of 699DKK (incl 281 DKK tax and fees) ^

I do not understand why the taxes and fees are different...

SAS call this fuel charge, passenger service charge and passenger charge - but are these not only components of the ticket?

What is next?? will they will sell the tickets for nothing and just bump up the fees - including a new fee for "airline services"
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Just payed 625 NOK taxes and fees for a return trip CPH-ARN-CPH.
I used 12K points and got 500 extra points for booking online.
If I had flown Norwegian, it would have cost a total of 699DKK (incl 281 DKK tax and fees) ^
Err, why didn't you then save you miles for something better valued and buy a revenue ticket on DY?

I do not understand why the taxes and fees are different...

SAS call this fuel charge, passenger service charge and passenger charge - but are these not only components of the ticket?
Not sure what you mean here. For CPH-ARN-CPH the fees levied by the respective Danish and Swedish authorities/governments and the airports should be exactly the same. The only difference is the fuel surcharge.

What is next?? will they will sell the tickets for nothing and just bump up the fees - including a new fee for "airline services"
Already happening. Most LCCs have had 0 base fares for a long time already, the cheapest BT fares have a base fare of 0 etc.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 3:47 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Fuel charges are to be removed - effective this Friday!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...rd-travel.html

Last edited by tommy777; Dec 3, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.