Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SK and TG ticketing cooperation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2009, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, TG *G, HH DM

Today I received notice from my TA that a near-future flight was subject to a restriction: Since the ticketing-cooperation between SK and TG would cease on May 31st, I could not make changes to the SK-legs on my TG-issued ticket.

Does anyone have any idea on how this will affect Scandinavian travellers who fly SK to one of TG's airports in Scandinavia? Does this mean the end to easy connections to/from TG?
Old May 16, 2009, 3:12 am

Programs: SK EBG *G, Flying Blue Silver, Hertz President Circle, Hilton H Gold, Starwood Gold, BA Silver
I would guess since TG now flys to ARN CPG and OSL there is no need to connect on SK
Old May 16, 2009, 3:25 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by M747
I would guess since TG now flys to ARN CPG and OSL there is no need to connect on SK
There is a need to connect on SK if going domestic within SE, NO or DK.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, TG *G, HH DM
It's all in the connections

Originally Posted by Gustaf
There is a need to connect on SK if going domestic within SE, NO or DK.
That is exactly my point! What now happens with those connecting to north Sweden, or western and northern parts of Norway? Are they being stranded?
Old May 17, 2009, 2:29 am

Programs: EBG, ACP, FBS
Originally Posted by Flying Viking
That is exactly my point! What now happens with those connecting to north Sweden, or western and northern parts of Norway? Are they being stranded?
They do just like they've done before. They fly KL (or LH).
Old May 26, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Doesn't TG still have quite a few codeshares on Swedish domestic flights? Will these be removed as well?
Old May 26, 2009, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can still add a leg operated by SK to your reservation, its just not included in the TG fare. So you pay extra. A good TA can incorporate this in your PNR so you as a traveler won't even notice.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 4:32 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can still add a leg operated by SK to your reservation, its just not included in the TG fare. So you pay extra. A good TA can incorporate this in your PNR so you as a traveler won't even notice.
But all your online booking tools will not...

The one PNR/two tickets concept, so common in the past is not very common these days, also, if you are not on one ticket some airlines will make a fuss about through-check-in and so on.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you have a good TA who knows his/her stuff, its one PNR and any number of tickets. Checkin doesn't even notice if its done right and will check you right thru. I've had A3/LH/9W plated tix on one PNR and the boarding passes and baggage tags where issued in one go. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.